Chapter Two

A/N at the end.

7:48pm.

I felt refresh and alarm after waking up from my nap; hopefully I'm not up late tonight. The cityscape lights of New York City glistened through my window, adding a reflection of the crescent moon.

The city that never sleeps.

I tidied my room a little and put my recently bought clothes away before changing the sheets. I could still smell his cologne everywhere, especially on my pillows. I loved the smell of it, but didn't want the memory that came with it. I couldn't stop thinking about it. One night stands aren't not suppose to mean anything... right?

I needed to think of something that'll take my mind off it it.... off of him. I decided to pick out what to wear tomorrow for work. My first day as an intern couldn't come any faster. I picked a white cape blazer and tank top paired with black leather skinny jeans was my final decision. The burgundy suede ankle strap heels I bought today went perfect with it.

I walked into the bathroom to wash my makeup off and cleanse my face, then changed into my pajamas. I was far from sleepy and laying in my bed that still smelled like Tom Ford. Harry's face constantly appeared in my mind; for a moment, I couldn't shake him. I got out of my bed, walked through the living room and into the kitchen; Kady was still in the same spot I left her, the couch. There was a pizza box and Chinese food on the counter.

"What is with all this food?" I asked.

"I couldn't decide what to order and I didn't know what you wanted, so I ordered everything."

"Why didn't you just wake me up? We could've settled this."

"Because I would have never heard the end of it and I like my face the way it is." I chuckled at Kady's last remark. She knew me so well. I grabbed a box of Chinese rice and joined her on the couch. She channel surfed before settling on Cupcake Wars.

Hours went by and I end up falling asleep on the couch again... so did Kady. I woke up around and 6:30, 15 minutes before my alarm went off.

Today's the day.

I drunk a cup of hot tea before getting ready, the smell of lemons lingered through the air. I showered, then washed my hair. I walked into Kady's room to use her blow dryer and whatever else hair products she had; she was sitting on the floor, straightening her hair. When it comes to hair, Kady has the best products for it.

Although I couldn't understand what she was saying, due to the blow dryer, I simply nodded my head and continued to finish my hair. I used the wand to add big, voluminous curls to it. Once I finished, i felt unstoppable, like I could conquer the world.

"Like I was saying... this reminds me of all the times we would spend getting ready for school," she said "except it's not 6AM and I don't have to worry about Mrs. Farley's nagging."

I let out a small chuckle, "you two never seen eye to eye."

"It was a love/hate relationship." Kady paused for a moment, then with an 'OMG' look on her face, she says, "can you believe we're adults now? Like 100% adults. Let that sink in." The thought of being an adult didn't affect me as much. My parents had different parenting skills and never agreed on how to raise me. Throughout the years, I learned to take care of myself and matured at an early age, but at the same time, my father tried to give me a childhood like the other kids. It didn't work.

I walked back into my bathroom to get dress and do my makeup. We had exactly 30 minutes left until we had to leave in order to get to work on time. A simple smokey eye and bold lip was my go to. Kady came in, fully dressed and fierce.