Chapter One

"Brielle, where did I go wrong with you? You can't succeed off sewing two pieces of fabric together and adding a button. That's not a career, when will you realize that? You'll just end up a failure."

The rambunctious sound of my alarm clock jarred me out of a peaceful sleep; angrily, I hit my phone until it went off. I'm usually up and alert in the mornings, but today's wasn't one of them. It was Sunday. I just want to sleep. Considering if I didn't agree to go out & drink irresponsibly last night, I would feel more awake and productive today. I laid in bed a little longer, trying to recapture everything that happened.

My roommate, Kady, and I decided to go out and celebrate us becoming interns at Styles Magazine. Not only is this our first 'big girl job', but it is something we've dreamed of for years. We went to our favorite lounge, Le Bain, to have the time of our lives before becoming accountable adults on Monday morning. I ordered my usual drink, Sangria, and talked with Kady about everything under the sun. She mentioned there was not any attractive guys, which I never noticed until now.

"Let's dance! Maybe we'll find some bachelors on the dance floor!" Kady began to dance in her seat, throwing one hand in the air. She is such a free-spirit and always filled with energy and positivity. She grabbed my hand and pulled me into the crowd filled with sweaty bodies. 'We R Who We R' by Ke$ha began to play, putting me in the best mood ever. Tonight, we didn't have a care in the world.

After two Ke$ha songs and one from DJ Snake, another drink is calling my name, preferably water this time. I walked back to the bar and sat near a guy with red hair, glasses, and a mustache. He approached me in a forceful matter, then proceed to call me shawty and ask if I was from Tennessee.

I noticed another guy sitting on the other side of me with long, brown hair, squinting his forest green eyes while watching the bartender make his drink... or just watching her. My eyes slowly traveled towards his arms; every tattoo peeked through his white shirt, making him more attractive. He looks like a bad guy, something I don't usually go for... but tonight just changed that. I was snapped back into reality when we made eye contact.

"Enjoying the view?" The smell of Rum and Coke lingered off his breath into the air, which took me a little longer to reply.

"I'm sorry," I said in a shy voice; I turned my head to the bottled water that was in front of me. The last thing I needed to be was shy right now. He chuckled, then took a sip of his drink; I, of course, ordered another Sangria. He extended his arm for a handshake. I believe he said his name was Hunter... no, Henry. Yes, it was definitely Henry.

"Don't be. I couldn't help but notice your beauty as well."  For a moment it was silent until he grabbed my hand and led me to the dance floor. He placed his hands around my waist and moved his body closer. We stared into each other's eyes, continuing our conversation from earlier. I ran my hand through his curls and down his neck, trying not to break eye contact. Our lips were inches away from each other, but that ended when I turned around and rubbed my body against him. I could feel his growing bulge, turning me on. He ran his lips down my neck, then placed a small peak on the path he created.

"You're such a tease," he whispered in my ear.

"I know." He turned me around, ending in the same position we started in. Forehead to forehead, nose to nose, it felt like scene out of a movie.

I couldn't fight the urge anymore and pulled him to my lips. He kissed back with so much intensity; the warmth and softness of his lips made my knees go weak. A small smile began to form during our kiss, causing us to pull apart. We exchanged numbers and a smirk appeared on Henry's face after I gave him a small kiss on his cheek. I left him standing in the middle of the dance floor, while I disappeared into the crowd.