16; DISTANT

The people closest to us are the ones capable of causing us the most pain.

▃▃▃

     FOR THE PAST five days, she felt she wasn't acting like herself. Everything is so complicated until she felt herself hard to breathe. Cassandra can't decide what is best for her, whether she should leave Beacon Hills or stay and continued to let the Black Hound control her. She was eager to see her grandfather, but when she does that, there is a possibility that her father would be angry at her. She also slowly separated herself from the pack, she ignores the call from Scott, Lydia, Stiles, Malia, Liam, even Theo. She doesn't want to overburden them. They've dealt with a lot of things and she just didn't want them to worry about her.

Cassandra stared at the mythology book in front of her and some old articles that she found. These days she often spent time at the library, even she often passes through many periods just to find out what is the Black Hound. She had read the whole myth of the Black Hound and the explanation in the book was exactly the same as it has been explained by Deaton. The old articles that she found really made her confused, she didn't know whether to believe it or not because these articles are very ancient. She has no choice but to read it.

England - On Dartmoor, the notorious squire Cabell was said to have been a huntsman who sold his soul to the Devil. When he died in 1677, black hounds are said to have appeared around his burial chamber. The ghostly huntsman is said to ride with black dogs; this tale inspired Arthur Conan Doyle to write his well-known story The Hound of the Baskervilles. The Devon Wishthounds ('Wisht' is a dialect word for "Ghostly/Haunted") are a related traditional folklore phenomenon apparently related either to the Germanic dogs of the Wild Hunt or the Brythonic Cŵn Annwn.

Scotland - The Cù Sìth (Scottish Gaelic pronunciation: kuː ʃiː) is an enormous, otherworldly hound, said to haunt the Scottish Highlands. Roughly the size of a cow or large calf, the Cù Sìth was feared as a harbinger of death and would appear to bear away the soul of a person to the afterlife (similar to the manner of the Grim Reaper). Supernatural dogs in the legends are usually completely black, or white with red ears. The Cù Sìth's coloration is therefore highly unusual because of its light green colour, although it may be derived from the green colour often worn by Celtic fairies.

Wales - Its counterpart was the gwyllgi, the "Dog of Darkness", or the "Black Hound of Destiny", a frightful apparition of a mastiff with baleful breath and blazing red eyes. Also related are the spectral Cŵn Annwn, connected with the otherworld realm of Annwn referred to in the Four Branches of the Mabinogi and elsewhere; however, they are described as being dazzling white rather than black in the medieval text.

Latin America - Black Hounds with fiery eyes are reported throughout Latin America from Mexico to Argentina under a variety of names including the Perro Negro (Spanish for black dog), Nahual (Mexico), Huay Chivo and Huay Pek (Mexico) - alternatively spelled Uay/Way/Waay Chivo/Pek, Cadejo (Central America), the dog Familiar (Argentina) and the Lobizon (Paraguay and Argentina). They are usually said to be either incarnations of the Devil or a shape-changing sorcerer.

United States - The legend of a small black dog has persisted in Meriden, Connecticut since the 19th century. The dog is said to haunt the Hanging Hills: a series of rock ridges and gorges that serve as a popular recreation area. The first non-local account came from W. H. C. Pychon in The Connecticut Quarterly, in which it is described as a death omen. It is said that, "If you meet the Black Hound once, it shall be for joy; if twice, it shall be for sorrow; and the third time shall bring death."

Her eyes were exhausted reading these articles. And maybe so far, she could draw the conclusion that the Black Hound is like the Hellhound and the Banshee, or specifically known as a harbinger of death. However, she didn't ever feel anything about death until now. The black mist that often came out of her body was clearly not characterize the Black Hound or the Hellhound, and the Japanese words that suddenly appeared on her stomach is not the characteristic of the Black Hound. Perhaps what was said by Deaton is true, she's not only the Black Hound, but there are other creatures trapped in her body.