Chapter Eighteen

NOT EDITED

              Walking the halls of the castle, Lym observed every little trinket and detail. She had been reluctant to return to the large estate after being inside of it for hours on end the day before, she had been perfectly content to mull around lazily while watching Blue Jays flutter back and forth through the fresh air. Yet, something tugged at her to return to the castle, it had started out as a small tug that she had experience while napping under the large Redwood in the vast lands behind the building. But it soon turned into a harsh yanking in her gut that prompted her to follow where it pulled.

                She eventually found herself standing in front of the castle, looking up at it with barely concealed distaste for the man who resided in it.

              Soon she had started to wander around the ginormous building, relishing in the feeling of the tug being gone. It had been like an itch she couldn't scratch, a fly that she couldn't swat. When the tug was void of her body, she looked for anything that caught her wandering eyes. Any trinket that shone in the light, anything that reflected brightness.

              The urge to observe beautiful paintings was the strongest. To gaze at the eccentric landscapes, the carefully designed swirls made by handpicked brushes. To see colors of different varieties come together and make something wonderful, something pure and new.

She found a beautiful landscape of a night sky beginning to come alight with the rising sun. It was all very interesting to her how the artist made the dark blue, the blacks contour with the illuminating colors of a morning sun. They blended well, Lym longed to create something just as beautiful.

               That was how Romulus found his mate, much to his surprise. He hadn't expected her to be in his home, especially just lounging around the hall staring at a simple painting. It came as delight to him, to see her willingly in the castle. He had been on his way to find her, to discuss the results of her tests.

                  "Lym?" Her mate called to her hesitantly, unsure of her reactions. She seemed oddly calm to him, her shoulders weren't tense and her body was relaxed. But as soon as he spoke she stiffened up once again.

                The only indicator that she had acknowledged him was by the way she tilted her head slightly to the left and back, yet she didn't turn around.

                 "I was just on my way to find you," she glared at the wall just below the landscape, wondering what he wanted now. "Your tests results came back. I thought we should discuss them together." He continued on. He had sparked interest in her, though he couldn't see it, her eyes brightened a fraction and her frown was less prominent.

She grunted in response.

"Let's go to my office, we'll have more privacy there." He suggested, though there was no one in the halls. Without moving her body, she looked over her shoulder and glared at him with distaste, not liking the way his words sounded.

Nevertheless, she slowly got to her feet and stood there, waiting for him to lead the way towards his office, not wanting him to be in front of him.

Curiosity swirled in her like the wind cocooned a bird in mid flight. Though she didn't show it on the outside, she was nervous to see what the results showed. A part of her had always wanted to know what she ranked in a true pack, not that she ever thought she'd get the opportunity to find out, she never thought she would get out of Gael's territory. Although she had planned on leaving for years, she never acted on it, the yearning to feel their blood on her hands had always kept her there. Waiting. Watching. Planing.