Chapter Ten

One year later

       Sitting on an abandoned bridge that was once part of a mining rails of the Mackenzie Mountains, Olympe looked out upon the vast lands that lay in front of her. She was closer to the towns than she had ever been, it was a bit unnerving for her, civilization and communication was not her strong suit. The last time she'd had contact with humans it was clear she had Misanthropy, which ended in blood and tears. Her wolf snorted inside her mind, a clear distaste that her human was thinking about it.

       Her wolf was so bipolar that it was not even funny, one moment she was wanting to spare someone's life and the next she was going on an imaginary murder spree. It was enough to make her head spin.

Lymmie, it's called Misanthropy, the dislike of humans! Her wolf snarled in her head, she just swung her feet back and forth over the hundred foot drop.

The decision to slowly make their way back to the States was made a few months back, when the ache of Olympe's first heat struck.

Heat crawled up and down her skin like she was on fire, the yearning for her mate festered in her core, all she could do was lay down in the cool snow, yet her spiked body temperature melted most of it. Olympe writhed in pain, her body ached for the comfort of her mate. She could image his gentle caresses against her bare body, his skin rubbing against hers in a soothing manner, and his voice. God, she missed his voice even though she's only heard a sentence or two from it. She wanted to hear all it could say, learn what his body could do to hers.

With a shudder, Olympe pushed the memory into the depths of her mind. She knew if she ever wanted that dull ache that resides in her gut to go away, she'd have to find her mate, or at least, be close to him. She had came to the conclusion that she would hang around the outskirts of his pack, once she figured out where that was, of course. Knowing it was in the less populated area's of New City, the state, she at least had something to on. She knew heading west wards to the mountains wasn't best idea but she wanted a change in scenery, for she had never been to the mountains.

     And she wasn't disappointed with what she found. The mountain ranges were taller than the skyscrapers that she had seen through her cell window, the coldness that came with it was a fresh smell, an everlasting cleanliness. The grass was lush and thick, it rich color looked tempting to sleep in, the few trees that were placed around the base of the Mackenzie Mountain range were towering figures that held chirping birds that were her little scouts. Small streams ran through the flat land beneath her feet, it was the only sound, the small sound of trickling water, besides chirping birds, that was in the air. Though it was still winter, it was coming to an end, forcing Olympe to come out of her wolf form, the need to stretch her human limbs was a bit overwhelming after months on end with out shifting.

      After pulling on warm clothing for her human body, which was slightly warmer than mundanes but it still needed protection from the harshness of Canada's winter air, she starting hiking up into the mountains. Her muscles were wound tightly in anticipation, her wolfish needs to check out her surrounds guided her through the thick underbrush and tall weeds that blocked her paths towards higher grounds. Vigilant eyes took in everything, from the was the sun shone through the treetops to the was small animals scurried across the grounds beside or in front of her. The game in the area was plentiful and rich, knowing that if she stayed her for a good amount of time she wouldn't have to worry about food, especially since spring was nearing, though she felt snow fronts moving in slowly. This was an area where small game thrived and large predators feasted, this meant bears and mountain lions hung around, it was clear from their distinct musky scents that linger on where the passed.