Chapter 12

*No POV*

"Harry! Hermione! I'm home," Ginny's voice rang through Potter Cottage, announcing her arrival. On entering the kitchen, she saw her husband fast asleep on a chair with James on his lap. Sensing his mummy, James immediately woke up and stuck his pudgy arms out towards her. Ginny smiled as she picked him up and kissed his downy head. Harry stirred and started uttering incomprehensible words in his dream state.
"Shall we wake up Daddy?" Ginny said to James in the tone one usually adopts when talking to a baby. He giggled as his mummy pointed her wand at his daddy and, as if a huge bucket of water had been tipped over his head, he was suddenly drenched to the skin. He awoke with a start, spluttering and spitting out water from his mouth.
"What the...?" He started but, seeing his baby, refrained from cursing. Ginny waved her wand again and he was dry again. Harry smiled at his giggling son and felt a swell of pride within him as he marvelled at his beautiful wife and baby.
"Where's Hermione?" Ginny asked, looking around as if she expected her to suddenly jump out of a cupboard. Harry's smile dropped off his face.
"She left to visit her new house in Diagon Alley. With Malfoy."
"What?"
"He turned up, apparently wanting to apologise."
Ginny's eyes widened.
"That is so cute!" She exclaimed, much to Harry's annoyance.
"Cute?! Are you serious."
"Harry, a blind man could see that they're perfect for each other. You're just way too protective of her, that's why you didn't mind her being with Ron, you knew you wouldn't have to worry about her. She's twenty three Harry, she can look after herself."
"You're right," Harry sighed, giving in, as always, to his ferocious other half, "We should go see them though, bring a housewarming present."
Ginny beamed.
"That's a great idea, I'll see we have any wine in the cellar." With that, she danced down the steps to the wine cellar.

*Hermione's POV*

That night, Draco and I sat on my new purple sofa, surrounded by cardboard boxes and stuck a load of muggle movies on, though we didn't pay much attention to them. Mainly we were learning about each other, as I had devised a game in which we took in turns to ask the other a question, which they had to answer honestly. Mainly the questions asked were innocent and shallow such as, "What's your favourite colour?" Or, "What sweets do you like?" But at one point in the evening, I asked the question that had been burning my tongue.
"What did you say to your father when I took you to Azkaban?" I asked nervously, fearing his reaction. He hesitated before answering.
"I told him that he'd given me a crap childhood." He said, wringing his hands, "And then I told him that I was in love with..."
"A mudblood." I finished for him. He nodded slowly.
"But we don't need to worry about him," he said, his voice sounding more cheerful, "He's gone and we can have fun!"
I giggled in a way most unlike me as he took my hand and pulled me to my feet. He waved his wand at the magical radio perched on top of a box in the corner and The Weird Sisters came blaring out of the speakers. He wrapped his arms around my waist so I put mine around his neck and we danced ungracefully and completely out of time with the music.
"Do you remember the Yule Ball?" He asked suddenly.
"I- yes?" I said, confused as to why he bring that up.
"You came in with Krum in your blue robes..."
"Yes?"
"I so desperately wanted to talk to you, dance with you. But I had that disgusting pug face simpering after me wherever I went."
I giggled at this.
"You didn't like Pansy? I thought you two were together?"
"Ha, she wished. I had to pretend to like her to please my father, but Merlin, she was a pain in the arse."
I laughed, but was interrupted by a loud yawn. Glancing up at my watch, my eyes widened.
"It's two in the morning!" I cried, "I have work tomorrow!" Draco laughed at me as I ran upstairs to pull my pyjamas on. Halfway through brushing my teeth, I felt his arm snake around my waist.
"You're so beautiful," he said, "even in your pyjamas with no makeup on."
"Am not booiful," I said unable of proper speech with my mouth full of toothpaste. I spat it into the sink at looked up at Draco.
"I'm not beautiful." I said again.
"Not in the sense of society," He said, "But in the way that matters."
That night, I fell asleep in his arms into a deep bliss slumber.