Chapter 5

Chapter 5.

*Back to Hermione's POV (third person)*

Hermione was really nervous. She was going to the Weasley's for dinner and it was going to be the first time she saw Ron after the break up. She put on a knee length, blue taffeta dress and some black heels. She looked at her face in the mirror and put a bit of mascara on and a bit of lipstick. She left her hair down. She was still staying with the Potter's in their spare bedroom but she was thinking about selling her house and buying a smaller one by the sea.

The door opened and Ginny came in wearing a floaty red dress that came to her mid thigh and black sparkly pumps. She didn't wear heels because she was unbalanced without them, due to her pregnancy, and she didn't trust herself to not fall over in them.

"Hermione you look gorgeous!" She ran and hugged Hermione.

"So do you Ginny, I love what you've done with your hair!"

"Come on 'Mione, we're about to go. I can't wait to give Ron a good kick up the arse!"

"No Ginny, please, I want to be friends with him. I forgive him."

"You're mental you know. I wouldn't have forgiven him. I suppose it has something to do with the fact that you're available for Malfoy now!"

"Ginny, earlier today I took him to Azkaban to see his father before he got Kissed and Draco held my hand and kissed my cheek! Do you think he likes me?"

"Definately. Come one we need to go. Don't tell Ron about Draco!"

They ran to the front door where tey met Harry and the three of them Apparated to the Burrow.

They knocked on the door and were met by Molly and Arthur Weasley who hugged each of them and brought them through to the living room. Molly brought them all a glass of wine and they sat down on the sofa. Hermione went to sit next to Ron and smiled at him. He seemed unsure at first but gave her a nervous smile.

"Look Ron, I forgive you. I just don't love you but it would kill me to lose your friendship."

"Yeah that's how I feel. I missed you Hermione."

"You too." and she hugged him noticing how this hug was so much less warm and natural than when she hugged Draco. Admittedly, she had been crying at the time but Draco felt like he was moulded especially for her. Hermione pushed the thought away so she could enjoy the evening.

For dinner, Mrs Weasley had cooked a massive lamb stew and it smelt delicious. Hermione took a chunk of lamb and put it in her mouth. It was so tender, it just melted in her mouth.

"Mrs Weasley, this is delicious!"

"Aw thanks Hermione, that's really sweet of you." She replied, beaming at Hermione.

Just then, Hermione remember the muggle broomstick incident and turned to face George and Charlie, who were both on her left side.

"George, Charlie, are you aware that you were spotted playing Quidditch by a couple of muggles this morning?"

"They saw us?!"

"Yep. Had to remove their memories."

"Charlie, George, how could you be so irresponsible?!" Mrs Weasley had heard the conversation.

"Don't worry Mrs Weasley, we fixed everything." Hermione said, "I really should be giving you an official warning but since I'm not a work, I think you can be let of just this once."

George laughed and said, "Wow, it's great being friends with the Minister of Magic, we can get away with anything!"

"Umm no, I'm not going to be like Fudge and let my personal relationships affect my work. I mean, if you murdered Percy, George, I'm afraid I would have to send you to Azkaban, regardless of the fact that I know you. Sorry."

Everyone laughed and George said, "That's a shame. I was really looking forward to murdering Percy and getting away with it." Percy was the only one who didn't laugh.

"So Hermione, Harry mentioned at work the other day that you had seen Malfoy. We were only passing in the corridors so he didn't have a chance to explain. What was he doing in the Ministry?" Asked Ron suddenly. Hermione felt her heart beat faster and Ginny smirked at her.

"Um well, he's an assistant to the guy who deals with the misuse of broomsticks in the Department of Magical Games and Sports."

"What, that Brews fellow? The one who looks like a prune and doesn't shut up about how he used to be the world's best Quidditch player?"

"Yep, that's the one." Hermione hoped her discomfort wasn't obvious.

"Was he horrible to you? If he was I'll give him a kick for you."

"No he was really polite. Really..."

"Weird. I'm telling you, there's something wrong with that boy's head."

Hermione felt anger rushing through her body and she clenched her fists. Ginny noticed and quickly said, "Hermione I think you need to redo your mascara, come with me."

Thankful for Ginny's help, Hermione got up and took Ginny's hand and they climbed upstairs to Ginny's bedroom. When they got there Ginny said, "You really love hin don't you?"

"I, what?"

"You love him."

"Who?"

"Draco of course. I could tell when you were talking about him. And when Ron said he was wrong in the head, you looked seriously angry."

"Was it obvious?"

"I don't think so. It was to me cos I know, but I doubt anyone else noticed it."

"What am I going to do Ginny?"

"You said he held your hand and kissed your cheek. In what context?"

Hermione told her everything that happened from the muggles and the broomstick, to Draco telling her he liked being with her. After she finished, Ginny sat there with a triumphant grin on her face.

"Hermione he likes you!"

"Well what do I do?"

"Tell him you like him. I am ninety nine per cent sure that he will say he does to!"

"And what is the one per cent?"

"That he starts snogging you passionately and you both end up ripping each others' clothes off."

"Ok, I don't think that's going to happen." They laughed.

"Just do it tomorrow and see what happens."

Hermione agreed and they went back down to the others.