Wound by a key

An excerpt from my never-to-be fan fiction called the Russian Ballet

Reminder- this is  my first shot at this story I am more than likely going to change this around a bit.

Margot Robbie portrays Harleen Quinzel

Tony, Steve, Clint, and Natasha were sent to Russia on a distress call from Wanda maximoff's station there. An exact location was given,  though there was barely an explanation as to the situation.

Tony, followed closely by Steve, was the first person to pass through the solid metal gates, blasting through the lock, no doubt alerting those inside the building to their presence.

"Seriously, Tony?" Steve scowled at the iron-clad billionaire in irritation. "You probably just set off every alarm in there, and we have no idea who we're up against!"

In response, Tony just rolled his eyes and turned to Clint, who just shook his head.

Fed up with the boys' antics, Natasha had pushed her way past them, into the expansive courtyard. Nobody noticed this however until she stopped in her tracks, halting the rest of the group.

"Oh my god."

At this they turned to her, Clint appearing to be twice as concerned as the other two heroes.

"Natasha?" He moved to face her. "What is it?"

All she did was repeat the earlier statement, taking a slight step back as she did so.

Neither Tony, nor Steve had seen the assassin wearing anything other than her  poker face, so the almost scared look on her face had anxiety creeping up the back of their necks.

"Natasha-" Clint started, before she brushed past him, towards the heavy set of double doors. A small scanner was set into the wall beside it, and before anyone could process what was happening, she had placed her hand against it. A buzzing sound, then a loud thunk could be heard, before Natasha crept through the doors.

Clint, by now, understood exactly where they were, and while Steve had begun to put the pieces together, Tony was completely clueless about the entire ordeal. He had started questioning everything around him, attempting to find out what he had gotten himself into. At one point he reached a volume that caused Natasha to spin around, hissing a quiet plea for silence.

The two former assassins spoke quietly with each other, leaving Steve and tony to follow them through several hallways until they reached an enormous staircase lined with framed photographs.

The quartet started to climb up the stairs before Natasha stopped, pointing to the middle photo on the left side. 

"Look, it's me..." She trailed off, quickly looking through other frames as if trying to find something specific.

While she searched, Steve slid in beside Clint, peering down at the old, dusty photo of Natasha Romanoff. Her hair was much longer -and she had straight bangs across her face. Her expression portrayed no emotion, a cold, blank slate of pale skin and dark eyes.

A quiet exclamation broke the two from their surveying, they turned to see Natasha and Tony, focused solely upon a picture of a girl with blonde hair tied rebelliously into two buns atop her head. While the  picture of Natasha had been stoic, this girl wore a slightly annoyed expression. The thing that really drew his attention though, was the large red "x" drawn over her face.

Theme song: Gasoline by Halsey

Plot and (usually) OC's are mine, the rest belongs to Marvel and DC