Sisters

Demi's POV

I sit in my room, I don't remember anything from the past few months. Mom and Dad have been telling me stuff, but I just can't remember. I remember releasing 'Cool For The Summer', but nothing after that. Mom told me that I got Joy back in my custody. I fangirled. I haven't seen Joy in forever, but really just about a year! I'll finally be able to get to see my baby girl! I mean, really, who wouldn't be excited?

Dallas walks through the door, carrying the most precious little girl, followed by Maddie. "Dal, why do you- Oh my God! Is that my baby?" Dallas places Joy in my awaiting hands. Suddenly, memories started coming back of Joy and another girl with pink/purple hair. I tear up-almost to crying point. "She's so beautiful and so big!" I gush. 

"I wonder if Mom and Dad have told D.J. yet?" Dallas asked, totally out of it.

"We did. Don't worry, Dallas." Mom calmly stated in response. Dallas nods, looking bewildered.

"I'm gonna go check on D.J." Dallas declares. She gets up, walking out of the room.

"Dem." Joy pokes my cheek. She's grinning. I'm too happy to have her in my arms to correct her. She looks more like me than Wilmer, but still could pass for his daughter. Oh my God! Wilmer!

"Momma, where's Wilmer?" Mom gives Dad a look, as if asking if she should tell me where my boyfriend and father to my child is.

"Honey, Wilmer is dead. He was shot by the police. D.J. and Maddie heard you two fighting and went down when they heard a crash. They called 9-1-1 and pretty much saved your life." Mom said quietly, like she was afraid of what might happen.

"Who's D.J.?"

"Your half sister. Like Amber." Dad intervenes. "She's getting discharged from here today."

"What happened to her? Did Wilmer hurt her too? What about Maddie?" I look at my parents, eyes wide at this sudden news.

"No, no. Wilmer didn't hurt either of them. Only you, Darlin'. She passed out. We still don't know why, or even how. She's fine, though."

One hour later, I lay here (obviously) with my head propped up, watching a crime show with Joy asleep on my lap. This show is about a girl that gets kidnapped and her dad tries to save her. I hear the door open, but I don't tear my eyes from the TV. "Hey, Dem." The stranger says. When I finally take a glance at whoever just walked in, it's Dallas and a girl, with faded, wavy, pink to purple ombre hair. She's skinny, but still has curves, with a slight tan. She's the girl from my memories!

"Hi. What's your name, beautiful?"

"My name's Donna Joe Louise Lovato. Call me D.J."

"Nice to re-meet you, D.J." I put my hand out for her to shake. D.J. grips it tightly and suddenly all these memories come flooding back from the past few months. All up until Wilmer hits me with the vase. I remember adopting Joy and D.J., having silly little fights, getting hurt by Wilmer and him guilt tripping me in the relationship, and I remember texting Max so he could locate D.J.'s little sister, Desire. Which reminds me... I grab my phone off the nightstand next to me, pulling up Max and my messages. 

Demi: Have you found Desire?

He responds almost immediately.

Max: Desire?

Demi: D.J.'s little sister. I told you about her if you look at our previous texts.

Max: Oh... I remember her now! I'll start looking for her right away, Dems. C'ya later!

Demi: Bye, Max.

"I remember! Oh God, I remember! Mom! Dad! I fucking remember everything!" Mom and Dad rush over to hug me and Dallas presses the button to notify the doctor. Joy woke up, but didn't cry. She was, however, taken from my lap by Maddie. D.J. just stands there, awkwardly. "D.J., baby girl, come 'ere. Thank you for bringing back my missing memories. I love you so much." She cautiously walks over and into my awaiting embrace, wrapping her arms around me.

She pulls away, smiling ear to ear. "Thank you for remembering me, Dem. I love you, too."

D.J. sits down in a chair whipping out her phone and immediately starts texting her friends, I bet. Dallas and Maddie are playing with Joy on the floor. Mom is happily crying into Dad. Dad looks like he is about to cry, but is probably trying to stay strong for everyone else.

The doctor walks in suddenly. "Hello, Miss Lovato. Glad you could join us this lovely morning." He smiled. "Do you remember everything?" I nod. "Do you remember being attacked?" I nod. "These beautiful young girls?" I smile and nod. "We'll keep you here another few days, just to monitor you." He turned to my parents and said "D.J. passed out because she has type 1 diabetes. We believe she got it from her genetics. We located and called her old family doctor and found that her mother has type 1 diabetes."

"What made her faint then?" Mom asked curiously.

"We call it diabetic ketoacidosis, or DKA. It happens when the patient's symptoms aren't recognized and treated right away." He frowns, looking down at the clipboard I just noticed. I take a glance at D.J. to see how she's handling this news. She look sad and frustration tears are brimmed in her eyes.

I grab my phone and text her to come over to me. She does as said, walking over. I hug her and tell her sweet things. She whimpers and her breathing gets all messed up, telling me she started to cry. "Beautiful, look at me." I gently guide her chin so we are face to face. "You are strong, you are a Warrior."

A/N

I'm so so so so so so so so so so so so sorry this is so late and not that Christmas thing I promised y'all. I've been busy, trying to work on this, my other two stories (that you should totally check out ;D), having to leave my laptop behind and not wanting to use my sucky phone for vacation, and trying to handle and control my housework (even though I'm a fucking teenager that needs fun, my mom doesn't understand that...).

I hope you liked this. I worked hard to make sure it was good and somewhat well-written.

Vote, Comment, Share, Add It To Your Reading Lists; because I go through them to see if there's something new to read, Follow For A Follow, Check Out My Other Story, and Message ME If You Need Anything!

Sorry again and Peace Out!