8

Jodye

Rakim and I left his house and started on the sidewalk to begin our search for Stacey. We went around the corner to the court, and she wasn't there, we looked in all of the corner stores and we didn't see her, we even looked in the homeless shelter.

"I don't know where she could be", I looked around. Stacey left yesterday and hadn't came back. The last thing I needed was two missing people to worry about.

But then I saw Terrance walking down the street with the same girl he was taking to at the court a few weeks ago. He looked like the same ole, thot ass Terrance with just a different girl on his arm instead of Stacey.

She had her weave in a half up half down style, with a black tank top on showcasing her protruding belly, with some black and white Aztec tights on, and some black flats. She looked about 4 or 5 months pregnant, meaning they were messing around when him and Stacey were together. That no good ass nigga. I turned around and Rakim wasn't behind me. I went back into the corner store and saw he was coming out. He had a honey bun and Dr. Pepper in his hand.

I looked at him with the stale face.

"What? A nigga was hungry."

He followed me to where Terrance was.

"Terrance, have you seen Stacey anywhere lately?"

"Yeah, she's been getting around everywhere lately".

I knew what he was hinting at, but I was not about fuck with this jackass today.

"I'm serious."

"So am I."

"You know what-

"Who the fuck is Stacey? And why is this bitch in ya face?", the girl looked me up and down.

"Bitch? Just because you pregnant don't mean shit babydoll, I'll still beat that ass".

She rolled her eyes and told Terrance she'll be waiting for him in the car.

"Now I asked have you seen her?"

"She right up the block".

Her makeup was smeared and she had dried up blood coming out of her nose.

"Stacey! What happened?", at this point she was spiraling out of control, and it was beyond me. I didn't know what to do.

Rakim and I drove her home, where she slept most of the day. I reminded myself to talk to Ms. Anita about it. I needed to go for a walk right now, clear my head. Because on the outside, I looked like I was fine, but in the inside, I was slowly breaking down.

I walked past Rakim. He followed.

"You good?"

I shook my head no.

After a few minutes, he sighed and stopped walking. I turned around in confusion.

"Get on my back".

"Rakim-

Before I could finish, he scooped me up and put me on his back.

I inhaled his cologne scent and that's when the tears started coming.

"Everything's falling apart Rakim".

"It's gon be alright".

We went back to his house and he laid me on his bed.

He kissed my forehead and told me everything was gonna be alright. I closed my eyes and fell asleep on him.