Chapter 5: An Agreement

~Ian's POV~

I stare at my throbbing hand. I examine the stitches I had got for it earlier today. I rack my brain and search inside it to remember what had happened to my hand last night. I remember driving everywhere looking for Addi. And I remember driving up to the bar.... and..... and that was it. It's all blank. I can't remember a thing after that. I don't even remember what happened this morning when I got back to the house. What I do remember is waking up in a hospital bed with a torn up hand. Then riding home with Anthony and Kalel. When I got home I went straight to bed; then I woke up and here I am still in my bed. I have to find out what happened to Addi. I stand up shakily. When I make my way to the living room Anthony and Kalel are kissing each other on the couch. It kills me to see them doing that. I wish I could kiss Addi... I decide to speak. "What happened. Where is Addi?" Kalel looks at me unbelievably.

"She's at work chill out. She's coming back any minute." Kalel still has her eyes on me with disbelief. Anthony notices and tries to hide it.

"What?" I ask. "What happened to my hand?"

"We don't know. You got wasted last night and drove yourself home. We aren't going to call the cops about Dylan beating Addi though.

"What? Why?! Yes we are." I say confused.

"No, we aren't. She is going back to Dylan if we do." This frustrates me but I accept it. I look over and notice Kalel still staring at me. It's really starting to freak me out. Did I say something? Or do I have blood on my shirt maybe? "Kalel, what did I do? Why do you keep looking at me like that?"

" Nothing." she says too quickly.

"Really what did I do that you aren't telling me Anthony?" He doesn't answer. I ask again. "Well... Anthony?"

"Ok ok, this morning you said you loved Addi... In front of-"

"Oh god no! Not in front of her!" I feel like I could cry. Did I really tell Addi I loved her? I'm such an idiot! I probably ruined our friendship! I feel awful.

"No! No not in front of Addi, just in front of Kalel."

"Oh." I say as relief floods through me. Thank god it was only her. I really didn't want Kalel knowing, but at least I didn't say it in front of Addi. "I figured you had told Kalel anyway."

"Dude, I never tell secrets like that even if it's to my girlfriend."

"Is that why you cared so much when she left last night?" Kalel asks softly.

Then I reply "Well I would have done that anyway but... Yeah... I'm in love with her... Ever since sophomore year in high school I've been in love with Addison Miller."

"How come you don't tell her?" she asks.

"I don't want to be awkward between us. She would never like me like that anyway." I say as I look to the ground. It's just something about saying it out loud that makes it way more depressing. I know Addi won't like me...

"Why not?" She asks me innocently.

"She's just too good for me."

"Well she's apparently not too good for abusive boyfriends." After that it all gets silent.

"I just love her too much to tell her. I can't let her go." I finally admit. Anthony and Kalel both look up at me again with sad eyes. They know she doesn't like me like that. She never will. I watched tons of boys fall for her just to watch them all rip her heart out. I just stood on the side lines crying in my head every time I saw her love somebody who wasn't me.

I turn around ready to go back to my room so that I sulk in my own stupid self pitty without Anthony and Kalel watching me. Just as I take my first step towards my room the door swings open quickly. "Ian! "Addi says at the door. She runs in and gives me a big hug. She immediately has attention towards my hand checking it all over. "I'm so glad you're ok!" she says.

"No, I'm glad you're ok." I say to her. I smile great big. I'm so glad to see her.

"She pulls away and looks at me in the eyes. You aren't going to tell anybody about Dylan. Ok?" she says sternly.

"I won't," I say reluctantly.

"Good. And if you do, I'm marching straight back to him. That's how serious I am that I don't want anyone to know he hurt me," she says. Why is it so important that nobody knows this? She must still care about that asshole. I think that is one of her only flaws. It's that she cares too much for people.

I gulp hard. "Understood."

"Ok," she says and gives me a small smile. She wraps her arms around me and hugs me tight. I hug her back hoping I would never have to let go.