47. Truth Or Dare

Carly
My hands are shaking right inside the pockets of my winter's jacket.  I try to blink my eyes to confirm if this was real or not but I'm just to scared that if I do he might disappear. He has changed some much in 2 years, his curly hair is now shoulder length, it has outgrown his old hairstyle, he seems taller but his emerald green eyes are ever glittering. I don't know what would happen if I look into them for too long. I'm afraid I might feel the urge to run my hands through his curls, I might feel the urge to kiss him, I might feel the urge to hug him and never let him go.  But I'm also afraid that he might have moved on.
Hell yeah he has moved on and if I do any of the things I wanted to, he might look at me like someone who wasn't in their right mind and because I still have a little respect for myself I tear my eyes away from Harry's emerald eyes and divert it to Louis who is carrying two suitcases in both hands.
"Hey there Lou " I ignore Harry like I have no idea he existed as I emerge to hug Louis
" Look who's grown more beautiful over the months" Louis teases me as always and I blush.  The car door squeak open and Neil and a brunette hair girl slides out.
" Neiller " I laugh as I hug the blonde hair boy who seems to be more mature now than he was 2 years ago
" Carly...  Christ, I thought you disappeared from the face of earth"  he jokes and I nudge his shoulder.
"Gemma didn't tell me we were going to have a full house"
"Well you know Gemma...  Always forgetting the fun part " Louis smiles"  Oh and Carly this is Kim...  She's a friend" Louis acknowledge the brunette hair girl.  She smiles at me and I reciprocate.
"It's okay she's here right? " Neil gesture at Kim
" Yeah sure " I smile.
"Where's Gemma? " Louis ask
" She's in with Liam "
" Christ Lord... Alone? " Louis take to his heed into the cottage so does a laughing Neil and Kim. 5 second later I realize I was left alone with Harry so I spin around to walk inside.
" Hey" Harry catches up to me and I struggle to walk faster. "Hey Rapunzel wait up"  That alone made my legs go weak. No one has called me Rapunzel in years, they were all scared that it will bring back memories.
Painful memories. And they were right.
"Why you here Harry?" I snap
"I wanted to see you" his hands touches mine for some second and I snap it away letting hurt smear on his face.
"You should go now before you cause any trouble" I turn my back to him and walk towards the door
"You want me to leave? " he ask, not believing me
"You're right Harry,  I don't want you to leave"  I see a smile tug his and I do my best to snatch the last hope he has "I want you to stay by my side and suffer just like I suffered"
"Why are you treating me like this?it's been two years. Can you just forget about it?"
Like you forgot about me?
"I don't have any strength to fight with you Harry"  I say and mean it
"Did you cut your hair cause of  me? "
He acknowledge my short hair
" No.. I.. I did it to show myself that I could move on. To show myself that I was living a good life without you"
"And are you? " he asked but I don't respond and walked into the cottage

Harry
I watch Carly walk inside the cottage without answering my questions. I have a feeling that the next 10 days wouldn't be as easy as I thought.
I take one more look at the cottage that is decorated with Christmas light, mini tree and something that I believe is a reindeer before walking in.
"Haz! " Gemma jumps on me like we're some sort of best buds and I laugh. I haven't seen her since the wedding, so it's pretty cool that she's at least pretending to miss me.
" Hey Gemma" I smile at the 20 years old lady and my eyes drifts to her boyfriend.  "Wazzap Liam"  I get his name right for the first time and he laughs
"Hello Harry"
" Nice place you got" I comment as my eyes leaves him to Carly. She's talking to Louis while eating an apple. 
"Thanks" Liam says
"Well you guys are just in time, Spaghetti is ready" Gem claps " Carly, Kim could you help me in the kitchen?"
"Sure " Kim says then walk towards Gemma and I notice Neil's eyes following the young lady.
Why do I have a feeling that he has the hots for her?
" Liam would take you guys to your room" Gemma says and disappears into the kitchen with the two girls
"Let's go" Liam help with two bags.
"This cottage was the only thing we could afford..  It has just 3 rooms " Liam says " You 3 can stay here... " Liam adds as he opens the door to a nicely arranged room with 3 twin size bed
" Uh..  Where are you going to lay? " Louis ask and I just know where the conversation was heading
" With Gemma...  And the brunette with Carly "
" Hmm " Louis is surprisingly cool with the sleeping arrangements and we all walk into the room.
" Dinner would be set in 5 minutes, you guys can settle in " Liam says then shuts the door close
" So Carly cut her hair" Neil chirp
I take off my coat and toss it on the bed. Neil hasn't seen her in a long time and I just knew that the hair was the first thing he'll notice.
I scoff "I know,  I can't still believe she cut her hair... Even after watching her with short hair for months I can't still shake it off,  you know... I use to think it was our thing, She with the long hair and I with the curls"
"Maybe she wanted badly to forget you" Neil says and I shoot him a bad glare
"Not helping Nailer" Louis rolls his eye
"Sorry... I should probably shut up now " Neil picks a bed and start to unpack.
"it's been so long you know and I'm not even talking to Jasmine any longer" I huff as I unpack my bag as the memory of seeing Carly almost a week ago, plays in my head.
"I know Haz but look at the bright side you've got a week and some days to get her back"  Lou cheers
"Yeah ... It's either she wants you back or you fuck it up again" Neil opens his loud mouth again and this time I'm ready to rip his heart out.  Neil notice my angry stares then asked
"Who's hungry? "

***
"Neil truth or dare? " Gemma ask Neil. We had finished dinner 2 hours ago and it was Louis idea to play the stupid truth and dare game.  Nothing good ever comes out of the game and I couldn't exactly say no to it since I just wanted to sit here and stare at Carly.
Oh I have been staring!  More than I should and I must say I love the fact that it makes her uncomfortable. I'm glad to know that I still have that effect on her
"Dare!" Neil replies and Gemma smirk
" I dare you to give Carly a lap dance!"
" What! " Carly yell and my eyes shoots dagger at Gemma.  What is she doing?  She of all people knows how jealous i get and she is totally doing it on purpose?
" Yeah! " Liam and Louis shouts and I notice Kim isn't really cool with it as she hide her anger by gulping water.
I shut my eyes and Neill gave Carly a lap dance and finally it was my turn to ask the truth or dare questions.
" Harry it's your turn " Kim nudges my shoulder and my eyes sticks on Carly.
" Rapunzel " she scowl at me and I struggle not to roll my eyes "Carly...  Truth or Dare? "
Everywhere became silent like they were observing the moment, which is kind of freakish
" Truth " Carly whispers, her voice is so low and I don't know if she's scared of me, there are so many questions I want to ask her,  what's the reason behind her cutting the hair, if she was dating that Zayn lad, I saw her with him last week in front of her dorm and I fucking flipped. But amongst all this questions I bring myself to ask the most important one that covers all. 
" Do you still love me?"

*Truth or Dare? *
Pic (Kim)