Chapter 1

There it is! Finally we get to go and stretch. I really hated the slurry feeling of motion sickness. The AC was like a blizzard that turned my veins to a river of icy blood. What were they thinking? ...Turning it on during the middle of fall. I already had my favorite fuzzy coat, which was a gift from my aunt’s visit a few months ago, made out of genuine faux leather. Ha! I had a thin scarf of maroon haze ‘round my neck but it still didn’t help. Well what can I say; I tried my best to hide the patches and loose stitches on it rather than actually using it for warming myself.

I was at the side of the column which was near the window. I loved that seat. I mean I love sitting next to the window. I really don’t know why. Maybe because I see a lot of unique and interesting people and pets and stuff.  You know I really am a people’s person.  Hmm, I take that back. No, although I try to make as many friends as I can. I don’t really appeal to anybody to tell you the truth. Sigh. Well, it’s okay because I have my best friend here.

“We’re here! Come on!” she told me.

“Oh, sure...” I replied.

            We got down and followed the crowd into the huge dull looking building. It was actually an institution. The sole purpose of our out-of-school activity was to check out the universities all around the region. It was so we could choose which high school to attend to. Yup, I am still in grade school. Does it surprise you? We’re about to graduate in a few more months so I’m really not that young. Anyway whenever the thought of high school life comes to me I get excited. My mind always goes running around. I really believe that I’m missing so much more in life compared to that which I would be in by the end of the year.

In the chilly yet dry air I blew out a sigh. Our homeroom adviser led us into the dark grey structure. I sought for a little adventure to spice up the whole trip; anyway it would take me some, or let me say a lot of time to start high school for financial basis. It would be an aid for you to know a little bit more of whose story you’re reading right now.

I am… first and foremost, Megan Janice Ponce a seventh-grade student, eleven years of age, in the Blake Razon Institution of Grade School  Education, who is the topnotch student in the category of B- kids. It is really no burden for me to accept my academic standing—just average B- for every subject every schoolyear. No big. I don’t aim for straight As. I’m very well just contented with my grades. Umm... I, myself am part of the Bookworm Club all because we were required to join any club for extracurricular points. That’s me. No talent, fame, money not even friends. But it’s okay.

Anyway back to the trip.

So there we were wandering around left with an instruction to never leave the school vicinity as we had our lunch break. Tina, my best friend dragged me to the hallways eager to meet new intimates or what her point is,” to look for boys”. Yeah well what can I say; she loves cute looking boys, something I’m not on the same page as her. Oh well. On the extended corridor she pranced. I just had to follow her anywhere she went. Hi! She greeted the passer bys.

“You really are a very sociable person, Tina” I complimented.

“It’s a must-have in life; especially now when we’re about to reach a higher status.” Her eyes went after this tall, skinny guy who looked a bit Asian.”Not to mention to find the perfect guy.”

“Uh, Yeah. Sure.” My mind was off topic.

“I really don’t seem to like this school. I think the second one we’ve visited today is actually better. Well. That’s just what I feel. I marvel at the good vibes that school has to offer. It’s very warm and special… The way they treat us well….”she said. I really got her main point there but what the heck; I’m nobody to tell that.