Chapter 11

The day after graduation marked three weeks of summer left. Levi and I made the most of it together becausebefore we would know it we'd both be off to college. Our friendship may last but would our love?

    One day while we were laying in his front yard it began to rain. I got up and began to run to the house but he caught me before I could. By this time, I no longer had weave. My short shoulder length hair was what worried me. If it got wet and then dried you could very well guaruntee I would have a rats nest on my head.

    I began laughed hysterically. "Levi," I screeched in between giggles "put me down!"

    He laugehd as he took me towards a huge mud puddle. "Why babe? This is the perfect time to play in mud."

    I started struggling to get out of his arms but it was useless. He is much stronger than me. That's one thing he has that I don't.

    "Levi! " I said stressfully as my laughing became catharic, "Please baby don't put me in that mud puddle."

     As we got closer, he couldn't help but laugh at me as the rain got harder.

   "We used to play in the mud all the time. What's so different?"

    "How about the fact that we're eighteen?" I screeched.

    He stopped in front of the puddle. "That," he said throwing me in the puddle, "means nothing."

     I screamed as I fell into the puddle. My entire body was covered in mud. "No. YOU. DIDN'T," I said smiling evilily at him.

    I picked up a hand full of mud and threw it at him. He laughed and picked up some as I ran for cover.

    "I'm gonna get you baby!" he yelled after me.

    I screamed and ran laughing toward the back of his house where I knew the dirt road would have plenty of mud puddles. 

    By the time I got to the back of the house he had caughed me and threw the mud on my back. I yelped in surprise that he got close enough and picked up mud throwing it at him.

    Austin and Mrs. Miller came out on the back porch. They laughed as they watched us. Austin gasped as one of Levi's mud balls I evaded hit him in the chest. He ran out and began throwing some of his own. Mrs.Miller was hysterically laughing.

     I ran back to the front with Levi and Austin following me. I hid behind a tree near the mud puddle breathing heavily waiting to jump Levi and push him into the same puddle he threw me in.

    "Here Brielle," He called out and I heard Austin snickering.

    I slowed my breathing trying to be as quiet as possible. He passed the tree I hid behind and I put my hand over my mouth. He turned his back to me and I took my opportunity and pushed him in.

     "Hey!" he exclaimed in surprise as he fell face first into the puddle.

     I laughed hysterically holding on to my stomach as Levi turned over to look at me. He pointed behind me too late before I went into the puddle and he caught me in his arms. I laughed even harder realizing Austin had pushed me in.

     We all laughed histerically and the rain just got going harder. Noah's truck came up the drive way as we laughed. He got up and Mr.Miller walked out onto the porch. They stopped and Noah looked at his father before he said something that made Mr.Miller's eyes practically pop out of his head. I watched, my laughter stopping. Levi realized this and looked towards my line of vision.

   Mr.Miller replied like he had no longer had the strength to resist whatever he was and Noah threw his arms around his dad before he rushed into the house. I looked at Levi confused. He just gave me a mysterious smiled, like he knew exactly what was going on. I just shook my head at him and the rain slowly subsided. Austin ran to the house as we slowly stood up and got out of the mud puddle walking hand in hand toward the house.