Bear All

On instinct, Harry seized the blade from out of his foot first, slapped the offending bear away with his other hand second, then looked up with an anguished cry third to see Draco's still form sprawled on the grassy concrete twenty feet in front of him. "DRACO!" he screamed, unable to believe what he was seeing. He didn't care if he was too far away, he shot several healing spells in his direction as he tried to limp over to him, before the bears tailing him from the tunnel swarmed him and shoved him to the ground.

"You're my best friend, ya-huk!" they exclaimed as they jumped all over him, pinning his wand hand down. "Let's play a game, ya-huk!"

"You're gonna die slowly, ya-huk!"

"YOU!" Harry thundered, flinging off as many bears as he was able, clawing his way free and electrifying as many toys as he could now his wand hand was mobile again, determined to get to the Alpha hopping around just out of his reach. But the lightning charm just made the bears woozy, he needed another way to amplify it like they had at the bumper car ring if he was going to stop them for good.

There weren't many teddies still left of the scaffolding, but that seemed like a good place to start, at least if only to disable a few more of the bastards. "Fulgurutus!" he bellowed, lighting up the metal poles in a stunning criss-cross of blinding light. The couple of dozen bears vibrated with the force of the assault, then dropped to the ground with soft thumps, their fur singed and smoking. Harry though was already too busy fighting his way free of the bears on the ground, aiming for the other end of the courtyard.

There was no sense in going backwards, there would only be more bears coming from the tunnel. He had to go forwards, to the other identical building that made up one of London's most famous landmarks.

What he really wanted to do though was race over to Draco, to check he was okay and reassure his breaking heart and shredded nerves. But there wasn't time for that, he had to stop the bears before they got even further out into the world and endangered any more people.

"You won't escape us, ya-huk!" the Alpha cried in his voice just as goofy as the rest. Even without the knife now, Harry felt he could recognise him; there was something sinister in his face that the other bumbling bears didn't have.

He managed to kick and shake his way free of most of the teddies, then fired an Episkey healing spell at his foot. It was only able to patch up the sliced skin and muscle though, and even then not all that well. If he ever made it out of this, he vowed he was going to invest in some serious first aid training.

It was obvious there were a few broken bones grating together in his foot as he tried his hardest to outrun the smaller, faster bears behind him. He was gasping and panting in terrible pain, but he needed to get some distance between him and the bears if he was going to lure the Alpha into any kind of trap.

There was a severe lack of dodgem rings to hand though, and he just had to hope he could find another lot of scaffolding to trick the Alpha on to. But, would it have learned already from Harry taking out the ones in the courtyard? He swore as the entrance to the opposite part of the power station loomed, symmetrical to the side he had fought his way through a few moments ago. He didn't have time to cut through the chicken wire though, and he was still in the apparition field, so he was just going to have to risk something clumsy if he had any hope of keeping moving.

"Mobilicorpus!"

Human levitation on yourself was never a wise idea, especially when doing it in increasingly strong winds to jump over barbed wire fences with killer teddy bears hot on your heels. But Harry felt himself fly up into the air with a determined grunt, and he grit his teeth in concentration to keep himself there until he cleared all three of the gates.