Chapter Fourteen

I awoke in Wesley's arms about an hour or two later. He had fallen asleep as well. His arms were wrapped around me tightly. I turned my body towards his and took in each feature. He looked nothing like Keaton. From the sound of his voice to the shape of his eyes, he was his own person. He wasn't shy like Keaton, he didn't think twice before doing what he had in mind. 

     I watched as his eyes open slowly, I watched as a smile formed on his lips, I watched as he leaned in and kissed my cheek. I didn't feel the tingle. There was no fluttering in my stomach, and I still could find words to say. I felt completely confident and in control of myself. Maybe this was real love felt like. 

   "Is your mom going to get worried that you're not home?" Wesley asked as he peered over my shoulder and looked at the time.

     I shrugged and bent my head back, catching a glimpse of the clock. It was about nine now. "No, she doesn't really care for curfews. She's just happy that I'm finally hanging out with friends." I said with a slight laugh.

     He smiled and leaned in closer to me as he pressed his forehead against mine. Our faces were now so close that our noses touched. He wiggled the tip of his against mine and put his hands onto my waist, pulling my body closer to his. "Well, I would say we are a bit more than friends." His smile became more of a smirk as he looked deeper into mine.

     Was he asking me to be his girlfriend? This was all happening so fast. I hesitated, but then nodded only moments later. I let my serious face fade and smiled back at him. 

     "Good." He replied softly as he pressed his lips against mine.

     I kissed him back, picking up it's pace and deepening the kiss. I felt his lips get tighter against mine as he began to smile. The kiss became more intense and deep. His hands slid up and down my sides, then soon began to explore my body. The little kiss became a full on make out session on his sofa.

     The lights turned on, I heard a gasp. Wesley pulled his lips away from mine and turned his head towards the doorway. There his mother stood in shock, looking back at him. "Dear baby Jesus, Wesley!" She raised her voice but sounded playful in a way. "If you're going to kiss a girl, at least do it in your room please!" She laughed a bit. "Who is it this time?"

     I had my face hidden, I felt totally embarrassed. 'Who is it this time?' Is that what she had asked? Has Wesley made out with more than one girl on this couch? I didn't feel so special anymore. Wesley moved so that his mother could see me, he laughed not seeing that I was no longer playful, but serious. 

    "It's just Kay, Ma." He smiled.

     Laraine gave Wesley a scolding look as if they both knew something that made kissing me the wrong thing to do. "Wesley." She said, stretching his name out.

     Wesley only shrugged as his eyes strayed away from his mother's scolding stare. He looked back to me with a smile, trying to reassure me that nothing was wrong. He looked back to his mother as she began to speak.

     "Well, whatever you do, don't cut this one short." She smiled at me. "I really do like Kaylynn, and I would hate for her to get hurt." She looked back to her son. 

       Wesley chuckled and shook his head as if to say 'I can't believe this'. I smiled back at Mrs. Stromberg and sat up straight.

     "Well I was just going to watch my show, but if you want to stay here that's fine."  Laraine smiled. 

     "Wesley looked to me. "Do you want to go up to my room or?" He asked stretching his last word.

     I shrugged not really knowing if I wanted to stay much longer. The sound of the front door opening and closing filled the once silent air. Keaton walked to his mother giving her a hug and kissing her cheek. "Hey mommy." His voice trailed off as he saw me sitting on the couch. His cheeks flushed and he looked down to the floor as if he were embarrassed. "Wow, um, I didn't think anyone would see that." He said awkwardly.

     I laughed and started to feel that tingle again. That tingling sensation I only got when Keaton was around. "It's okay. I won't tell anyone  what I saw."

    Wesley laughed faintly and tapped his feet, still anxious for my answer. "He's always been a mama's boy."

     I laughed a bit and looked back up to Keaton. Our glances met and our eyes locked onto each other's. He parted his lips as if he wanted to say something, but closed them tight, unable to speak. I had to stop myself from falling for him. I looked to Wesley and took his hand, smiling again. I knew that I had to get over my stupid crush on Keaton, and getting lost in his eyes was far from moving on. "Yeah, let's um, go to your room."

     Wesley smiled again and stood up, pulling me to my feet. He held my hand walking past his mother and brother. I could have sworn that I saw him give Keaton a dirty look as he paced by, but I couldn't be sure because my mind was all over the place.

     I feel like there are so many things that I don't know.