+Miss Satan+

• Dedicated to My best friend Anexi, who inspired me to start writing

+ Razi’s POV +

   “Razi,” my cousin says for the fifth time. I look up from fiddling with the new iPhone4 that the humans were raving for. Even I had to admit I was getting hooked onto that thing.

    “What?” I snap. The angels all glance at me and I glare at them in turn.

He narrows his eyes at me. At 29,000 years older than me, it made him the eldest out of our family. Actually, he was my only family I had left. Being my cousin, I thought he enjoyed being a pain in my ass; that was why I have my usual attitude. He actually looks like any blonde-haired, gray-eyed hottie you see on a magazine cover. I personally don’t see it. “What do you think?”

    “You know Cuz, I wasn’t really paying attention. I don’t know why you make me attend these boring meetings.” I fiddle with the phone, and then I get frustrated and slap it onto the table. My cousin didn’t look surprised that I had it; he was expecting me to be occupied by something else while they went over seemingly important news and laws.

   “Then let me repeat myself. Again.” My cousin brushes his hair back with one hand. “In favor of both myself and the angels of the council, Razi, you will have to marry in the next month. What-“

    “WHAT??” I stand up. My chair scrapes against the tile floor. “Why?”

“Because it will teach you responsibility. Something you have been lacking since you took your father’s throne.” My cousin responds. “What species you choose is up to you.” he continues as if I wasn’t gearing up electric fireballs in my hand.

   One of the angels, Gabby I think her name was, places a hand on my shoulder. Her hand was warm, like almost everything was to me. “It is not so bad.”

    “So bad?!” I snap with so much venom that she shrinks back from me. “What the hell is wrong with you guys? Do you honestly think that any guy would want me?”

    Another angel spoke up. “You are a very attractive young lady. You have that innocent look for a woman who looks all of twenty.”

    “That’s practically bull,” I yelled in her direction. “No guy has ever come that close to me except for Markus and assholes that I don’t care about!”

    “That is enough!” my cousin stands up. I cower slightly from his Power with my canines bared at him, a natural reflex. “They can love you. And someone will.”

    “Yeah, right,” I exclaim bitterly as I stretch out my blood-red wings. “If I’ve practically been here since the dawn of time I would’ve thought by now that I would know ‘that special someone’. You can’t tell me what to do,” I flap my wings. Turning around, I dive into the crater that led to my domain.

    “One month,” my cousin shouts down the hole. I snarl in response and fold my wings together to gain more speed so I could get away from his kingdom faster. Not five minutes into flight I hear another set of flapping wings.

   “How was the meeting?” Markus swoops down from his perch on the metamorphic rock and glides next to me.

     “Were you waiting for me?” I ask.

“Yeah. It’s boring without you to get us in some sort of trouble every now and then,” Markus jokes, but I sense a small hint of truth. “So, again, how was the meeting?”

    My smile vanishes as I think again of my deadline. “Horrible.”

Markus circles around me once, “Very descriptive.” he says dryly. Oh, Markus, I shake my head. He really knew how to want to make me laugh and throttle him at the same time.