Chapter 43. Never Know

It was finally Christmas eve, and Tae was still actin like a hard ass even though I know he's enjoying all the attention I been giving him. As we speak he was layin down on the couch sleep with his leg on me while I held an ice pack on his knee watchin tv. The only bad thing about this day is that I had to not only work, but close on a holiday. I tried to slowly move his leg without hurtin, or wakin him up so I could start gettin ready for work. He so damn hard headed that he refuses to take off of work so his knee can heal faster, but I make sure he wears his brace at all times. I even popped on him one time to bring him something to eat, and he didnt have it on causin me to mildly go off about it. His mama, and granny were in the kitchen makin Christmas dinner as I came in to wash the dishes Tae had used.

Granny: U was finally able to get from under him huh?(she laughed)
Yatta: Yea he in there sleep.(I laughed)
Ms.Jackson: That boy know he love him some u.
Granny: Mmhhmm he be tryna act like he dont want him to help him do nothin, but he know he like the attention.
Yatta: Thats the same thing I be thinking, but I'll never say it out loud. He would argue me down about that for hours.(I laughed)
Ms.Jackson: Boy please I aint never seen a couple that love to be around eachother as much as yall, and dont argue.
Yatta: We dont really argue like that though. Most of the time it just be little stuff that we talk about in private, and then move on.
Granny: Yall keep it that way too. U should try to broadcast your happiness more than your issues because people always try to meddle. Misery loves company, and if they pick up on even a ounce of it they be all in ya ear tryna make u second guess what u got goin on. When they see u always smiling around yo significant other the only thing they can do is sit back, and envy what u got. Everybody dont need to know yo business especially not yo friends, and family. U be all pissed off at em ramblin havin a fit airing out all yo dirty laundry. A month later yall still together cuz u done got over it, but yo family still be mad at em and dont want nothin to do wit em no more. Then u be lookin crazy tryna figure out why everybody got a problem, and its really all because yo ass couldnt keep yo big mouth closed. People like that, that just gotta have something to talk about tellin every and anybody they business never last long in relationships.
Ms.Jackson: Thats true cuz then once u let people in they lose the understanding that a relationship is between two people. Now u got him, her, and them tryna call the shots in YO shit tellin u what they think is the best decision for stuff and thats not how it goes. A healthy relationship involves just two people that have a level of understanding, and communication with eachother instead listening to everybody else opinion about what they THINK goin on behind closed doors.
Granny: Look at us we done started preaching to him let that baby go get ready for work.
Ms.Jackson: Ma we just spreading a lil knowledge, and why u playin we shoulda woke Tae ass up to talk to him too.
Tae: Bae.(he yelled from the living room)
Granny: Speak of the devil.(she laughed)

I walked back into the living room, and saw him sittin up on the couch.

Yatta: What bae?(I asked sittin next to him)
Tae: Nothin I was just saving u from them.(he laughed)
Yatta: They was just spreading a lil wisdom thats all.
Tae: I heard em from in here.
Yatta: Dang nosey.(I laughed)
Tae: U should call off work shawty.
Yatta: Bae u know im not doin that because im still new.
Tae: Its Christmas eve though u shouldnt have to work today.
Yatta: Awwww u want me to stay home.(I smiled)
Tae: Nah im just sayin.
Yatta: U are such a bad liar.(I said laughin and kissin him)
Tae: What time u get off?
Yatta: At eight.
Tae: Oh ok.
Yatta: Why?
Tae: No reason.
Yatta: Oh ok well im about to get ready.
Tae: Iight shawty.(he said kissing me)

When I got to work it was still busy as hell from people doin all their last minute stuff. I couldnt wait for tomorrow though so Tae could see the gift that I got him because I knew he was gonna love it. When I went on my lunch I called Tae to check on him, but he didnt answer the phone. I didnt think to much about it, and planned on enjoying my food until Milton walked in. Not that I care or anything, but something seemed off about him lately. Then Diamond walked in with tissue handing it to him as she sat next to him tryna comfort him. The next thing I know he was cryin into her chest while she rocked him back and forth. I dont know what came over me, but I started to tear up just seeing him cry like that. Ok this pregnant shit is really starting to get on my nerves. Anyway I got up actin like I was throwing something away, and when I say this niggas eyes was so black. It looked like he took a paint brush with some black paint on it tryna substitute it as eye liner. Like seriously his shit was FUCKED UP which shocked me because although very feminine Milton was a nice sized dude. I must have been lookin too long because Diamond said something to me.