Chapter 10

Katniss POV

It was the second day, and they haven't shown Prim and Rue in a while. I've been watching the careers kill people for a while. Then all of a sudden they cut to Prim and Rue chasing Foxface. They cornered Foxface over a cliff. I wondered who was going to push her off.

Prim would never hurt a fly. At least I thought so. Next thing I knew she pushed Foxface of the cliff and the cannon went off.

I was so shocked, right after that then the Capitol cut back to the careers.

After a couple hours they went back too Prim, Rue was poking her, I guess to wake her up.

Then I realized why they were showing Prim and Rue. Right underneath them where the careers. From what I heard they were looking for them.

All of a sudden they started laughing and spotted Rue. Prim hid behind the tree trunk. Just then I saw Prim's hand grab Rue and pull her to her branch. Rue started swinging from tree to tree and just left Prim there.

I knew Prim couldn't swig from tree to tree and the careers were coming. She was about to die I just knew it. Then I forgot she could climb, she started climbing at fast pace because by now the careers were throwing knives at her. She managed to dodge them.

Nobody died that night and the career who were on watch fell asleep. Prim tried to jump to the next tree but completely missed. She hit a bunch of branches and one finally caught her. She quickly climbed up the other tree because all the noise had woken up the careers.

The careers couldn't find Prim and ended up leaving. Prim went to the lake to get some water and when she came back, to my surprise, she say Rue and Thresh.

I didn't think Rue was ever going to come back. Especially with one of the strongest in the games.