Falling

The weekend went by and it was Monday morning, yet there was no sign of Brad. Stevie thought it was kind of odd, but she wasn't really worried yet.The one thing that did bother her was that she had no idea where he was and she couldn't contact him, to at least call him and find out if he was okay.

As Stevie locked the apartment door and was on her way out, walking down the hallway, she bumped into a man, who seemed to be about twice her size, broad shoulders, staring down at her. 

"I'm so sorry, I-"

"Where is he?" The man asked and Stevie frowned.

"Who?"

"Brad."

"Oh, well I wish I knew, but I don't." Her heartbeat quickened as he evidently wasn't pleased with her answer. "Honestly. Brad left me a note, saying he would be gone for the weekend, but he hasn't returned yet."

"Is that so? Because if you're lying to me..."

"No, no really. I- I can show you." Stevie stuttered already turning around to head back to her apartment, but the man shook his head.

"No need. But be sure, I will come back." And with that he left.

Stevie didn't know what to think, breathing heavily as she leaned up against the wall, closing her eyes for a moment. This was definitely a lot more serious than she had previously thought. What on earth had Brad gotten himself into?!

Arriving at school, Stevie wasn't any calmer. She was all by herself and what if the man did show up again? How could she possibly defend herself against him? By the look on his face, he really didn't seem to care that she was a petite woman.

After the last lesson, without having anyone else, thinking that this idea she had was idiotic as well, Stevie went to the principal's office, asking if she could have Mr. Buckingham's phone number, saying it was something to do with William. She hated lying, but she didn't have a better option. 

The principal called Lindsey himself and informed Stevie that he would come by somewhere between thirty minutes and an hour. She waited, sitting at her desk, bouncing her leg nervously, until finally she heard a knock and in came Lindsey.

"What did he do now?" Were Lindsey's first words, but Stevie smiled weakly and shook her head.

"It's not really about your son, Lindsey. I just didn't know who else to call." She shrugged, suddenly feeling powerless. "Are you in a hurry?"

"Um, no. Not really." Seeing she was clearly distraught, he approached her, taking a seat in front of her. "Stevie, what's wrong?"

"Can we leave and talk?"

"Sure. I can take you to your apartment if you'd like."

"I have my car, but thank you." She said and gathered her things, as then they both left. 

Now outside, they found a bench and sat down, Stevie starting to explain her reason for calling. "Brad, my... boyfriend, he left for the weekend and he hasn't come back yet. When I was on my way to work, this huge beast of a man stopped me, questioning me about Brad's whereabouts. He seemed really angry and not at all satisfied with me telling him that Brad wasn't home. Before leaving me be, he promised to come back. Now, this is not the first time apparently, when some strangers are coming, looking for Brad... And, well, I'm scared."

"My God, Stevie... Do you know who these people are?"

"Not the slightest idea. I'm pretty sure Brad's in big trouble, but I don't know what he's done either."

"What do you want me to do?" Without hesitation, Lindsey asked, already having developed warm feelings towards her.

"I was wondering if maybe you could, and that is if you really are not busy, if you could come home with me and spent some time there? Just you know, in case the man does come back."

"Of course. I'll come home, make Will something to eat, drive him to the soccer practice and come straight to you, okay?"

Nodding, she placed her hand over his. "Thank you so much."

When Stevie arrived home, she found the apartment to be empty. She locked the door, checking it twice, as she quickly cleaned the place up a bit, before Lindsey showed up just under an hour later.

"You must think I'm stupid, afraid of nothing." Stevie said, making coffee in the kitchen.

"Not at all. There's obviously a reason, why you're scared." Lindsey replied, wanting nothing more than to hug her close right now.

"It's just that... he really frightened me. A woman lives in the building, Mrs. Smith, she told me a couple of days ago that someone's been paying not so friendly visits to Brad lately and I thought it was nothing, but now... well, I'm not so sure anymore."

"I'm here, you know. If anything, I'm here." Lindsey let her know and Stevie appreciated it a lot. "I think it would be great for you to take your mind off things, you're going to worry yourself sick."

"I don't know how not to." She shrugged and accidentally dropped a spoon, while adding sugar, bending down to pick it up, she winced. "Dammit."

"Is it your back?"

"Yeah, I've always had problems." She sighed, bringing him a cup. 

"Well, I think we've just found out how we're going to make you relax."

"What do you mea-, oh that's right!" She laughed, when he held up his hands. "I'm sorry, I forgot, Mr. Chiropractor."

They chatted, while drinking coffee, Stevie completely forgetting why she even asked Lindsey to come and be with her in the first place, feeling so comfortable around him. He loved every minute with her, too, unable not to think just how much better he would be for her than this Brad.

"Come on then." Lindsey said, standing up. "Lead me to where I can get you in a horizontal position." He smirked, as she shook her head, chuckling.

"We've only been on one date."

"Oh, but it was a date?" He asked, but she didn't reply, guiding him to the bedroom.

"Is this okay?"

"Well, I see a bed, so yes, fine." He nodded and showed her to lie down. 

"Should I take my top off?"

"That's entirely up to you."

Deciding for a second, Stevie left it on, Lindsey masking his disappointment. She lay down on her stomach and Lindsey stood by the side of the bed, realizing he would have to bend too low, it causing problems to his own back.

"There is a solution." He said. 

"Okay."

"I would have to... um, straddle your legs." Turning her head to look over her shoulder, Stevie looked at him for a moment. "I intend to be professional about this."

"Well, fine." She said and he got into position.

Lindsey started working on her back, telling himself that this woman beneath him was just another patient. But Stevie didn't help one bit. It felt good, really good and she couldn't fight back all kinds of sounds escaping through her lips, as he cursed silently. Why was he never this excited when some other woman came in to see him for the same thing?!

After a while, Lindsey had really finished, but he didn't want this to end, as he practically just caressed her upper body and she knew exactly what he was doing, as the routine had suddenly changed completely. But she didn't mind, not at all.

"Feel better?" Lindsey leaned in closely, whispering into her ear.

"I- yes, thank you." Stevie nodded, feeling his chest stilled pressed against her back. "Could you lie down beside me?" Without a word back, Lindsey did as asked and then Stevie scooted over to him, gently pressing her lips against his. "Thank you." She smiled and so did he, letting out a deep breath. 

He was falling in love.