18 I'm done!

Devin is doing some of her homework over at the island in the kitchen. It's been a week since she started school and still we haven't talked right after we yelled at each other. Everything around us is just awkward now, but still I wake up with her hand all over my boob.

It's hard to get her up in the morning. She is not used to it and I can see it all over her face that she is struggling to keep her eyes open. Therefore, I am just wondering if she is awake or sleeping at school, but it seems like she is paying attention to what she is supposed to do as her homework at least. I might just be overreacting.

"But for fuck's sake!" Devin yells, making me jump in my seat on the couch and I watch her throw her books at the wall.

"I'm done!" She shout as she opens the fridge.

"Oh no!" I rush over to her and take the beer out of her hand.

"Devin, I have said it so many times." I sigh as I put it back in and then turn watching her rolling her eyes. I try the best as I can to not be angry with her.

"Do you need some help?" I ask calmly as I take up her math book.

"No, I just want to go bed." She yawn.

"You mean couch," I correct before putting her book on the island.

"But you can't before you finish this." I say as I take her hand and lead her back to her chair.

"What's the problem?" I wonder as I sit down next to her.

"The problem is that my brain is fucked up." She muttered, which cause me to shake my head, but struggle to hide my amusement.

"I just can't calculate with my head. It's frustrating, because it takes longer time to find the answer to this fucking," She hit her book with her pencil.

"Shit." She sigh as she hit her head down on the table.

"It's okay," I rub her back with my hand.

"I can help you. I said I would. You just need to ask." I smile as she sits back up again.

"I don't want help." She says and I snort.

"I know, but you can't do everything on your own, Devin." I explain her, because it's true. Sometimes we need help even when we do not think so.

"Fine." She breathes and I smile as I lean forward to see what she is struggling with.

After an hour of work and frustration we are finally done. Devin seems relived as she takes a deep breath following with a big yawn.

"Can I ask you something?" I wonder. Devin watches me confused for a moment, but nods.

"Your middle name?" I ask and she snorts as she gets out of the chair.

"No." She just waves her and to avoid my question as she lay down on the couch with the blanket over her.

"What? It's a nice name." I smile as I find my way over to her. She buries her face under the blanket.

"Why don't you like it?" I ask as I lift up her feet and sit down with them on my lap.

"It was my grandmother's name." Devin mumble.

"It's nice." I smile as I drag the blanket down from her face. She watches me annoyed.

"I don't like it." She mutter. I narrow my eyes in confusion.

"Why? It's nice to be named up after someone. I was a named up after my uncle." I smile, but Devin is confused.

"Why are you named up after him?" She wonder as she wrinkle her cheek. One of the cutest things that she could ever do.

"He died many years ago. I didn't even get to see him, but ma found some photos of him. So we could all see how he looked like." Compered to ma. Andy had blond hair, a little darker than I have. Ma said he was the only thing that made her smile, before she meet mom.

"I'm sorry." Devin smile apologetic and I nod.

"Is it just you, your brother and your ma?" Devin asks and I start to laugh.

"No, no. There is my ma and mom. My two older twin brothers Ethan and Nathan, my twin brother Jace and my little sister Alex." I explain. Devin itches the side of her head as she tries to let all of this sink in.

"You have two moms, three brothers and one sister." She asks and I smile nodding.

"H-how did you survive that." She asks stunned and I burst out in laughter.

"I don't know," I shrug.

"It was just all fun, I guess. We had things in common, we all loved soccer and I remember when I was young that my older brothers always took me and Jace out to play." I grin by the thought of all the times we were out in the garden the whole family just playing. It's my favorite memory.

"It sounds amazing." Devin try to smile, but I can see the sadness in her blue eyes. I know she lost everything some few years ago, when her mother died giving birth to her sister, Kelly. Her father couldn't take care of her and no matter how much Devin tried. The childcare came and took her away from her. Devin closes her eyes with a big yawn. It's only half ten, but I think going to school and doing homework is starting to get to her. She is not used to having this rhythm in her life. Devin usually just did what she wanted to do, but she can't do it anymore.

"I let you sleep while I work." I smile before I step back to the island to work on the schedule for November. The kids and their parents get to know what we are going to do from month to month. They like to know, and I am happy that they care for their seven years old child. There is a lot of paperwork in my job, but still I enjoy it.

I chuckle to myself as I hear Devin snore a little. Don't think I have heard it before, but it might be, because she has this little cold. She has not been fully in shape lately. Still, it does not seem to affect that much on her. She is still as grumpy as she was before.

Half an hour later, I have done some work and step out of the chair. Devin is sleeping peacefully, curled up in the blanket as she is snoring. It's a cute little sound. I smile as I lean down to plant a kiss on her forehead.

"You are doing well."