Chapter 1

"Chanel get down here right now, we need to discuss some news !" My father called.

So I guess you can say I have one of those protective father's.

Anyways my name is Chanel Celaya. I live with my dad, his 'wonderful girlfriend', and her daughter.

She decided to move in with us and her daughter with us. Her name is Jocelyn, and her daughter's name is Sophia.

Sometimes I honestly think that Jocelyn is with my dad for the money. I mean he is a lawyer. And she didn't get with him until after he got the job. Suppossibly they knew each other for a few years.

And besides all of that she's hardly home. And she leaves Sophia here with me so I have to babysit her.

Anyways, I have an older Sister, who we are related by blood. Her name is Crystal. No one really ever sees her because she goes to college in NYC.

My mom ( Betsey ) and my father
( Andrew ) are divorced. They've been divorced for about 5 years now. She also lives is NYC where my sister can visit her whenever she wants to. But I'm stuck here with the two spoiled brats.

And now back to the story.

"Okay, I'm coming." I yelled from the top of the stairs so he can hear me clearly.

When I went downstairs my father was sitting at the tables, with Jocelyn of course. While Jocelyn had Sophia in her arms.

"Jocelyn and I are going to go on a business trip for my job. We will be gone for 1 week. What we need you to do is watch Sophia. You can call Katherine over for help, but that's all I want in this house Missy. No boys allowed."

"Okay dad. Don't worry I got this under control, I don't need your lec-"
I couldn't finish my sentence because Jocelyn cut me off.

"Babe maybe we should put cameras in the house just in case." She said.

I had to stop myself from rolling my eyes because if I did my dad would notice.

"I think we can trust her enough to not put cameras in here." My father told her.

"Well I was thinking for Sophia's sake-." Jocelyn was cut off from the door bell.

"Thank god." I mumbled under my breath so no one else can hear.

I opened the door and there came in Katherine. ( AKA ; My bestie )

"Hello peeps." She walked in and went straight to the kitchen.

"Uggg, your back." My dad playfully joked with Katherine. ( Katherine or Katie )

"You know you love me." Katie said while pulling out milk to dip her Oreos in.

Jocelyn never really liked Katie. I don't know why but she didn't.

"So you know your plan for tomorrow right." My dad asked me.

"Yes yes I know." I told him while I was dragged up to my room by Katie.

When we went up to my room I told Katie about how I had to babysit Sophia, and how she can join if she liked.

"But you can't babysit Sophia this week. Remember Nathan is having a party tomorrow." Katherine reminded me.

Nathan is also one of our friends.

"I forgot all about that. Well now I can't back out of babysitting Sophia."

"I have a plan." Katie had that weird facial expression on.

"Oh gosh, here we go."