two| met somewhere else

Oh dear, Quinn was at it again even if she was scared for the mysterious "arsonist". She escaped her bedroom through the window and walked on her porch's roof until she slid down to the pole supporting it. There was no issue how to climb down, she had done it many times before and it surprised her that she got caught not once.

Being only in her pajamas and slippers, it was absolutely cold. Quinn tried to avoid it since she wouldn't want to go back upstairs just to fetch a jacket and socks. She made a quick note to not stay for long. It was already 23:45.

She swiftly made it into the woods carefully avoiding sharps that might be on the soil. The crunch of leaves and sticks under her feet filled the silence in the empty place.

The relaxing nature calmed her through the bones and having to be here two nights in a row excited her. She claimed this place since she first knew about it.

She sat at her old favourite tree in the middle of the clearing which was now a stump. Nonetheless, she loved it.

Her countenance looked phased when she saw a young man enter from the northern side of the woods. She stood up and neared the opposite side to attempt to run from him.

But she can't. She couldn't leave.

It was too late. The young man's eyes met hers with pride and hers being real fearful. She hid behind the tree closest to her to avoid his threatening gaze.

Quinn why not just do it! Just run back home. She said to herself.

He was strong built, and his dark eyes matched the grass around him; he looked fearless. His face was angular but the soft, fragile look in his eyes will make you think he was helpless.

"Whoever you are, please spare me. I have a lot to live for and a lot to explore." She plead, trembling against the tree. It was against her to be pitied, but being proud would not save her right now from whatever. She accepted being foolish for once.

He took strides towards her which made her quince with every step. Seconds later she just...ran.

"'Ey!" him calling out only made her run faster.

What a coward. She scold herself.

...

The next morning her mother took her to the city to accompany her for her job hunt. Although it is already set in her mind which job is accustomed for Quinn.

"Oh Quinn! You do not know what fun it is to search for what your future would be! In my generation it was fantastic! All my co-workers are easy to trust and that's the most important fact on why life was easier back then. Then again, we never had those gadgets until we were forty...and women didn't have equal rights but..." Quinn's mother, Dane, kept babbling on how everything was back then. Quinn politely nodded her head and just listened to what she's saying. "Oh! There it is! My dream job! All yours." Dane claimed, fazed.

"Mum, don't get to emotional now. Here we are." She rubbed her back to calm her down.

There it was, in front of them. The Totem of Glass and Silverlinings, the Place of Riches and Values in this city. Starting from the highest floor were written vertically in big bold letters:

Severdine Enterprises.

Quinn almost swooned.

They entered the building, the air curtain making their hair fly and it looked like a movie entrance scene.

"Mum, now that I'm here, I feel the want to be part of this company."

"I knew it. Nobody wouldn't like to be involved in this company. Just you wait until you get employed--you wouldn't leave!"