Smash Into You (3)

“My mum is so upset Jen. I don’t even want to think about what she’s going to do to me when we’re alone!” I moaned. I was lost for words when Mr Johnson told me my fate. How could I get expelled just for getting into a little fight? It’s not like any bones were broken, except Heidi’s nose, which is not important. She should be grateful that I didn’t kill her; I would of if it was legal. My mum was absolutely livid and fuming; she stared icily at me and angrily muttered something about me being in tonnes of trouble when I come home, before stomping out of the office. Note to self: Mentally prepare for the lecture.   

“You can’t leave me Tiff!” Jennifer said for the 8th time. “We’ve been through so much. Remember the time those scammers called me and said that if I paid them £500 they’d give me £5000? If not for you I would have given them my parent’s credit card details and we’d be broke right now! Mate, I wouldn’t even be alive. Remember when we were in Year 8 and I had a massive crush on Drake Williams? You told him that I liked him and he liked me so we got together. I was as happy as any 12 year old could be! We only lasted one week, but who cares, that was true love right there, I’m certain of it. Remember when I had my first period at the age of 11? If not for you I-”

“Ah, please please please, don’t remind me of that horrific and ghastly experience. You were lucky that I actually listened in those sex education classes we had at the beginning of Year 7 or you would have been screwed…” I grimaced and cringed as I remembered the day.

“See? I can’t survive without you Tiffany!” she continued. “Without you I’d be like SpongeBob without Patrick, Winnie without his honey and Ke$ha without auto-tune. You know what that means right? It means crisis and catastrophe!” I couldn’t help but laugh at her choice of words. Though she had a point; Ke$ha without auto-tune is just mayhem.

“It’s out of my control. Obviously I’d stay if I could...”I sighed. “We’re just going to have to enjoy the time we have together now. Anyway, why are you acting as if I’m leaving the country and going to Australia? We have the summer to look forward too! Plus once the school year starts we can see each other on weekends since my house is pretty far from here.”

“I don’t want a new roommate! What if they’re some creep who’s obsessed with death? What if they are a slut who tries to bring guys back here every day? What if-”

“Why are you so negative? Remember, I’m the one who got expelled,” I frowned. “I guess now I should update my status on Facebook…” I threw myself onto my bed and opened my 17 inch HP laptop. My previous status was about the fight with Heidi and now it was time I changed it. I typed a new one with my speedy fingers and hit the enter key.

“You’re going to get so many notifications,” Jennifer mentioned.

“I know!” I replied. “So, pushing the recent events aside, what should we do for the rest of this glorious Saturday?” Though I was really annoyed and angry about the punishment I received, I wasn’t going to let it ruin my remaining time at LBST!

“Well it’s 4 o’clock so we have plenty of time to do stuff… Why don’t we go to the cinema? I’m dying to see that new chick flick with Jennifer Aniston,” she suggested.

“You are forgetting one little vital piece of information my dear. My hair isn’t in very great condition right now evidently,” I reminded her. A grin suddenly appeared on her face.

“Oh my god, that reminds me, I got you a little present!” she squealed and rummaged through a blue plastic bag that I didn’t see her bring in.  “Look!” she held up the item so I could see it.

“You got me a BLT Sandwich? My favourite!  And I am pretty hungry.” I beamed.

“Woops wrong thing! That’s for me.” she smiled.