Chapter 2: Visions

2- Visions

Which I still couldn't help staring at. Together we walked to the cemetery eyes closed and listening to the morning buzz of birds and cars. The snow from yesterday had turned to puddles, it was like that in Toronto, the autumn snow turning on and off. It would properly be back by tomorrow. The cemetery gates had been ripped of there handles due to rust, and there was no grass or trees. It wasn't a great place to be dead in He'd imagined.

"Why are we going here,"he said

"I want to show you something" Lisa pulled Cale to a grave

The grave was white but old. There were dead flowers stuck to the stone

" Its my grandmothers grave" she said sadly

" Oh I'm sorry" Cale said

"It's alright being dead, isn't that bad I don't think. Sometimes I think I'm dead and all this is just thoughts," she gestured to the sky.

"Thats pretty cool." Cale replied

"Come on Lisa, lets call your mum." As he walked slowly to the cemetery gates.

Thursday October 30th

He woke up in the attic remembering nothing at all.

"Hey sleepy, you banged into the gate you dope. Knocked yourself out. Slept till one o'clock today." Lisa was sitting on the steps down to the house. He wondered if he had just dreamed Lisa seeing things in the cemetery. No. That was too real. Lisa past him wild salmon and blueberry relish sandwich but he rejected it.

" Mr. Creeps is coming today, There probably fitting me for a straightjacket in the kitchen." She chuckle

"Who's Mr.Creeps." He asked

"What I call my psychologist"she said with Witt.

The doorbell rang and it was Henry. He was wet and pale and by the looks of it: hungover. He stumbled into the house with a tired expression.

"And where the hell have you been!" Jennifer yelled

" To wonderland and back mum....THE PARTY OF COUSE!"Henry snarled and spat some revolting solution out of his mouth.

"Well I hope the red queen was nice Henry, Are you pretending to be the mad hatter!" She yelled is rage

"Yeah yeah. I'm going to bed." He stood firm when he said it.

Lisa just laughed and walked to her room to get out of her PJ's. he didn't know why she thought this was funny, and why her family hasn't cared enough for her to send her to school or a hospital were they could help the condition.

Tomorrow was Halloween, but Lisa couldn't go because her appointment with Mr.Creeps was being pushed to 6:30 that day. Cale didn't have a costume so instead they would just tell scary stories instead. That was the plan anyway.

They stayed in the house today, just talking and watching television. Today was the coldest day in a month of autumn Toronto has ever had, no snow but noisy hail and power-outs and rain; rain so hard it would brake a umbrella and pease through the persons head skin if you were out in it.

Friday October 31st

The window in the kitchen cracked. What intense weather it was, wind and hail so had it looked a lot like a blizzard. There would be no trick or treating tonight. It scared Cale a little, overflowing gutters.fallen trees. Sunless angry skies. Cale watched and listened to the loud reactions of tin and hail. The frost started to pattern the window with Icy swirls and sharp prickly shapes from the frost.

He swirled his fingers on the window glass and draw a little face. Suddenly a high pitched squeal came from behind him.

Jennifer dropped her washing, her hands were stuck to her face in horror. She yelled and ran to the nearest door and kept running. Cale turned around at his drawing. She was terrified of his face on the window? That's ridiculous.

" Look!! Look!! Charles a ghost drew a face on our window!!!" Jennifer squealed at Charles

He grunted in approval and walked into the kitchen to see.

" Umm...is there something wrong." Cale asked Charles

"It's just a stupid prank Lisa did, you know what she's like." Henry must of heard the screams and walked into the room

Charles grunted a yes. Well they thought was a yes at least .

Charles approached Cale slowly.

" are yes hello," Cale said to Charles in panic

Then he came closer and more close and more close and then. He walked through him, like he was a hologram. Just light refraction. Cale stood there shocked as Charles studied the drawing.

He grunted and Cale froze himself although he was a statue scared out of its mind.