Chapter 1~ It All Ends Today

Your droopy eyes popped open, tears filled them immediately. You had been sleeping since about 1:32 AM, you never really got much sleep, but you wanted to spend as much time as you could to just sleep today, so much for that idea. You bit your lip, attempting not to let out an agonizingly loud scream of pain, but screaming wasn't aloud, nor was crying, you were 'bigger' than that, there would most certainly be consequences to this. Your back burned as your mother hit you once again with the whip, you could feel the metallic liquid already running from the wounds, soaking the sheets. "WAKE UP YOU LITTLE RUNT!" she shouted. You lifted yourself slowly, turning to look at her with sleepy, eyes, tears streaking down your face. "STOP CRYING BABY! YOUR BIGGER THAN THAT!" she always said that, you sniffled, you went to wipe away the tears with your arm, but before you could the whip met your face, and you bolted down in pain "ugh GET DRESSED IDIOT!" your mom, no, that monster that claimed to be your 'guardian' slammed the door behind her, she was always very rushy, 'it all ends today' you reminded yourself patiently. You slipped off your t-shirt you had worn to sleep and pulled on some jeans along with a (f/c) long sleeved turtleneck, but the color changed drastically once it collided with your cuts. You loved the way the turtleneck sweater hugged your neck, plus you didn't want to freeze in your last moments of life. You slipped on some normal white socks and tennis shoes, they were gonna come in handy walking up Mt. Ebott. You had decided to go back to the place it all started, back to where the monsters had been one hundred years ago, now abandon and empty. You didn't plan to go sight seeing, though. You had planned to jump into the underground, and hopefully pass on from the fall, 'but if it didn't work...' you thought about this, as you slipped the sharp blade deeper into your pocket, the edge nagging at the bottom of your pocket, causing you discomfort, but you didn't care.

                    You walked over to your dresser, opening the bottom drawer and moving over some paper, pulling out 3 lock picks. You glanced at the window, your parents had locked it, so you obviously weren't allowed to just leave. So you waited until you were sure that they couldn't hear you, one they started another daily argument you began to pull the lock picks around in the key holes, eventually popping all of them open and sliding the window open with ease. You jumped over and shut it as much as possible behind you. You let out a long sigh, you were ready, you supposed, so you started across the street, hiding behind the houses across from yours. You wandered into the forest behind the small neighborhood you were living in. The trip was long, and your back caused aches and pains along the way, but it was worth it, you had seen about two deer, some creeks, a ton of bugs, lizards, snakes, and some butterflies, you lost count of the millions of different birds you saw, it was fascinating, almost as fascinating as the monsters, which, oddly enough, you hadn't seen any of. Now you were facing the long dark hole in front of you. You knew what they said, if you stare into the abyss long enough, the abyss will stare right back into you, and it was true, you felt a chill run down your spine. "Im happy its over." you said aloud to yourself, giving a small smile, you felt your eyes get watery. You leaned forward, your body getting that weird sensation that takes control of your body when you know your falling, but something caught you, your turtleneck nagged at you, as did the knife in your pocket. Someone, or something had caught you by the collar of your shirt. You gasped as you stared shocked at the darkness that reached out and pulled at your feet. Your toes barely skimmed off the ledge. Shock and slight panic ran through you, but then you felt relief. Maybe you wouldn't die today. 'But i don't want to go back.' the words echoed in your mind. The fingers that had wrapped themselves around the fabric of your sweater, skimmed the back of your neck, they were cold and bony, it caused you to shiver, pushing you farther off the ledge, but whatever was behind you wouldn't allow it, another hand pulled itself around your waist and dragged you away from the endless pit. You fell to the ground, overwhelmed with fear and sadness of what might happen to you next. Would they kill you? Would you be brought back to your hateful parents? Could you still end it here? You couldn't do anything about what happened next, the tears started flowing and wouldn't stop. You recoiled into a ball and held yourself together, crying until you felt you couldn't cry anymore, but you just continued to let it out. The hand rested on your back, but quickly pulled away, probably because it was covered in blood. "Its okay kiddo, your okay. . ." you didn't recognize the voice behind you, but it didn't matter right now. They shifted dramatically, pulling you into their arms, but you did nothing about it, you continued to let the water drift from your eyes. The stranger began carrying you away, 'anywhere is better than home' you thought to yourself, pulling your hands away from your face and looking up at the person in front of you. Except they weren't. They were a monster, literally. A skeleton looked down at you, worry in his eyes, but he just gave you a warm smile and looked back up in front of you, making sure that he kept track of where you were going, you looked too, you were heading away from your home, which was good. You looked back up at the skeleton holding you. "I...I-" he cut you off "Its okay kiddo, its all gonna be alright. I don't know what the heck you were doing out here kid, thank goodness I caught you, you almost fell, you....uh...clumsy, or..." You knew what he was thinking 'suicidal' you thought 'yes, of course of I am'. You just frowned in response, his smile faded as the concern blazed within him. You pulled your head over towards him, pulling your hands across your chest, you closed your eyes.Stress overcame you, you were probably covering this stranger in your blood, which wasn't so nice. Thank goodness they were kind enough to keep dragging on. You let out a long drawn out yawn. Sleep wasn't such a bad idea right now, if you think about it. You let out another long sigh, the knife began to slip out of your pocket, in a panicked rush you moved it back in far too quickly, now you know it seemed suspicious without a doubt, but you didn't tend to mind, you didn't know them, they didn't know you so it was all fine as you drifted to sleep.