Prologue

Hey,

So this is the first chapter of our first ever joint story. Hope you like it, and critism is welcome, but any harsh ones, we will ignore and delete, as this is our first try at joining our noggins together (our names will be at the bottom of each chapter with a message to show who wrote what chapter, though I am sure fans will be able to recognise our writing types).

But we promise that if you do read it, and stick with it, you will not be disappointed.

Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------

Prologue: Burning Incense

She sat in the small room, light filtering dimly through the red paisley cloth that was draped over a bar over the small window. There was hardly any room for the window, the various posters and paintings covered every inch of the walls, each describing some magical feat, or marvel, some showed a freak circus act, some; a pack of mystical tricks. The air was cloudy from the perfumed mist of burning incense, which watered her eyes, but delighted her nose. She felt almost light-headed, spiritual, even, as the red, filtered light, and perfumed smoke surrounded her, wrapping around her so lightly, that she could hardly breathe. But she felt safe.

The woman in front of her was at least 8 years older than her 18 years, yet she owned those fading, dated posters and pictures. It didn't make that much sense, unless she was a collector with a lot of money. 

But then, why was she in this small room with her, her palm holding hers, gazing over the lines, deep, and shallow, long and short, fat and thin, lining her right palm. She tutted and 'hmm'ed every so often. Her electric blue eyes scanned over the girls palm, through her past and present, through her successes and failures, dreams and worries. She would have felt violated, had she not felt so calm.

They hadn't even shared a word. The palm reader had booked the girls appointment a week ago, without talking to her, without asking if she had the right time - she had. She didn't know any of the girls problems, her queries, but still the girl left that small spiritual shop feeling informed, and knowledgeable about not only her past and future, but about herself. She had answered all the girls questions, and told her all that she wanted to know, and more. 

But there was one thing that she had told the girl, one thing that had unnerved her...

She'd thrown her  palm away from her, horrified. She stood up, knocked over her chair. Righting it, she turnwed away, lit more incense, and gave her something. 

And she'd given her the most startling news she had ever received in her life.

Her news distressed the girl, along with her instruction and the consequences were they not carried out. 

The girl had to sort that all out herself.

She placed a few notes in the palm readers hand, and left the perfumed, cloudy room, walked through the front of the shop and left, a tinkling of a bell telling all the others in the shop. On her path, her journey. To where, she had no idea. 

She walked down the small side street with a purposeful walk . "I have to find someone". She thought. "And fast."

Goddess forbid what would happen if she didn't find him in time...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is ThisKittyHasClawz aka Priyanka and i just wanna say, i hope you like this. It's been slow trying to unravel what my mind's conjured up, but out of the emptiness, i've managed to find something not-so-bad!

So Vote, comment, and fans will be appreciated :D