Where's That Big Black Hole? Chapter 8

You know how thay say that if you want something so bad that you will get it...

Well they lied.

All I wanted more then anything was the floor to swallow me up and save me from this hell. But Live is just not that nice, espically to me. I stood still under Trents muscular arm in the middle of our cramped school halls. Eagar students bumped off us as they rushed to class, while the rest of the school settled for jist staring at us like we were some extra terrestrial life forms.

God I wish I was.

From the corner of my eye I could see Carter point towards Trent and I, most likely to Trent. The group of friends he was with could be easily recognised as the 'populars'. Looking up towards Trents face ( because he towers over me a good three inches!) I saw a smirk slowly engulf his unfased expression. The attention didn't bother him which didn't surprise me, just look at him for pete's sake, he's like some resurrected greek god.

Slowly but surely Trent moved us both towards Carter and the group. I could inagine if this was some cliché movie Trent would have the wind simultaneously blowling his hair to give him that sex appeal and I would either be the dorky girl who trips and face plants into the floor or the girl who's hair is also being simultaneously blown by the wind.

It turns out that I am the dorky girl who trips and face plants into the floor.... In all fairness I shouldn't have been thinking about falling because the more I thinked about it the more I worried and then one thing lead to another and I am plummeting towards the ground.

Until a famiar pair of hands clasp around my waist and steadys me before my face made contact with the floor.

"Careful, You don't want to break a valuable assit." Trent whispered so only I could hear.

He was either talking about my face which would be sweet, or he was talking about my ass and in which case would mean he's a total ass.

I didn't have time to respond because we were already fully facing the popular group and each of us were only five inches apart.

"Carter, I never knew there was a better looking version of you. I wouldn't have wasted my time with you a couple nights ago." A ginger haired girl cooed, twiddling a piece of hair with her fingers and eye raping Trent. So she was the girl Carter was with that made me late for school. She definitely looked like a slut, her dance uniform was way to tight and the shorts looked like a thong.

"Wow Carter, I didn't know your standards were so low. Have some class man." Trent looked the ginger up and down. All the boys in the group chuckled and I could even see some of the girls trying not to laugh. Carter's face went a tint of red as he looked at his feet. The ginger girl looked at him, expecting for him to stand up for her.

Wow she is so nieve.

The close contact with the popular group wasn't going to bad, espically because Trent was there to distract them. It was going well until Jake pointed out my existance. I didn't even see him standing with the group. All eyes snapped towards me as Jake finished his sentance. "Hey Rose."

Carter looked up from his feet and started to sway uncomfortably. Wow was it really that bad for him to be around me in public? I mean I don't really want to hang out with the populars but a small recognition of my existance once and a while in public would be nice.

"Um-hi Jake." I mumbled, imititating Carter as I stared at my feet. This would be the perfect time for that black whole to swallow me up now. Please?

"Who are you?" A freakishly tall brunette asked. She looked like a model from teen vogue. Hell I would be surprised if she wasn't.

"Didn't you just hear him call her Rose?" Trent raised an eyebrow at her but then moved his gaze towards Jake to examine him.