What Just Happened? Chapter 2

Chapter 2

When I arrived at school I noticed the amount of people who were already crowded around Carter. 

"Typical" I murmured as the warning bell went off, signalling the start of class. I walked quickly to my locker and pulled out the books I needed, before making my way to English literature .

Sliding into the seat beside my best friend Emma. Surprisingly not many people were here yet, considering the warning bell was gone. I looked around the room for Carter but he wasn't here yet, not like that was anything unordinary. I would be surprised if he even shows up at all for class.

"Well don't say hello anyway!" Emma pretended to sound hurt from my lack of greeting her.

"Sorry Emma, Hello, how are you?" I said mockingly but she wasn't even listening, she making flirtatious eye contact with some random guy in our class, typical Emma.. 

I rolled my eyes at her just as the late bell had rung.

Mr.Harrington,who was sporting his usual green jacket and brown jeans, cleared his throat to get the classes' attention. I elbowed Emma to stop flirting with that guy and in doing so, I noticed Carter sitting at the back of the room, how did I not see him come in?

I turned my attention to the whiteboard as Mr.Harrington began writing a new assignment, 

'Write a three page essay on a person who inspires you.' There were a few 

groans from students who hated these kind of essays, especially because you 

have to stand up and read it out to the class.

"You can start it now, you will be doing this individually and you must have it finished in two weeks."Mr. Harrigton explained before sitting down at his desk and began typing on his computer.

The whole class began to talk to each other, but Mr.Harrgton never usually minds as long as we keep it quiet enough.

"So who are you thinking of writing it on?" I asked Emma who seemed to be still looking at that guy, oh that girl! Her beautiful curly blonde hair and light blue eyes attract all the guys at school.She has a new boyfriend every week! My other two best-friends, Riley and Andrew, and I call Emma a player just to annoy her.

"Emma" I nudged her once more to get her attention.

"What!" She jumped slightly before facing me.

"I said, who are you going to write your essay on?"

"Him, he is so cute. I think I'll ask him out after class," Emma sighed as she rested her head on her hand and continued staring at him.

"Who is he anyway?" I asked while rolling my eyes at her.

"I'm not sure, but he could be called voldemort and I wouldn't care."

Thankfully the bell rang, so I didn't have to watch my bestfriend drool all over the table anymore.

The next few classes flew by and soon I was sitting at the lunch table with my best friensd,Riley, Andrew and Emma, discussing about who came up with the name for a fork. Interesting conversations as always.

"Guys, can we talk about anything else more interesting !" Emma whined .

"So what are you doing tomorrow, Rose?" Riley asked, swishing her long dark hair over her shoulder.

"Nothing, probably just studying." I shrugged as I took another bite of my sandwhich.

"Ehhh. WRONG!" Emma pointed her finger at me, "We are coming over!" her blond hair fell across her face with her head gestures.