Chapter 5

Hey guys new chapter is finally here please remember to vote and comment it makes me want to write more for you guys :)

I stood in his bedroom, the smell of him all around me making me feel safe and warm. His bed was made perfectly with his football jersey thrown on the top like he had thrown it off in a hurry to come to my house one night. The cologne he wore sat on his bedside table, the lid off which sat on the table next to it and I could smell it in the air. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes letting the familiar smell of him surround me and take me to a better place. Goosebumps sprung up on my skin and a shiver ran from my head to my toes. After a while of standing there oblivious to what was going on in the real world I opened my eyes and crashed back to reality. I was at Sean’s house getting together a bag of clothes and necessities for when he woke up, if he wakes up.

I mentally slapped myself and shook my head, he will wake up I repeated to myself for the millionth time since last night when I first saw his broken body lying still in the hospital bed. Mental images of his bruised and broken body filled my head, making my heart race and my eyes prickle with tears no I couldn’t think about that I wouldn’t keep doing it to myself. I walked over to his bed and bent down reaching underneath to find his overnight bag. I grasped the strap between my fingers and pulled, the black bag sliding out with ease. I started in his bathroom deciding to pack him the things he needed from there first. The smell of his shower gel hit me as I walked in and I felt my eyes prickle with tears, I wanted to smell that smell forever. I grabbed his toothbrush and deodorant, shoving them into the bag without looking at them. I opened the shower door and dropped the bag on the floor stepping in and picking up the shower gel bottle. I held it in my hands, just staring at the blue plastic. I imagined Sean standing in the shower washing himself with the shower gel as I opened the lid and brought it to my nose, inhaling deeply. The most perfect smell filled my head along with thoughts of the most perfect boy. I needed to get his stuff and get out before I broke down again because I truly let myself think of the situation I don’t think I would cope. I stepped out of the shower and put the shower gel in the bag, leaving the bathroom and going to his wardrobe.

I stood at the door of the wardrobe staring at the photos he had put up on it. There were photos of us everywhere and some of just me. My favourite photo was stuck directly in the middle and was larger than the others. It was a photo of Sean and I at the beach, a photo Dustin had taken. We were standing on the very edge of the shore; the water was covering Sean’s feet. He was in bright blue board shorts and no top, the sun reflecting on his naked skin. His arms were tight around my bare waist and he had lifted me off the ground, so sand was in mid-air where my feet had kicked it up as Dustin took the picture. His lips were pressed to mine and my hands were in his hair, making it look even more messy than usual. I felt a smile unconsciously slip onto my face and my fingers went to my lips as they tingled with the feeling I felt that day and every other day with Sean. That was a perfect day the moment that photo was taken was the moment Sean first told me he loved me and it was the best moment of my life so far. The other photos around it were a mixture of Sean and I kissing, laughing, making silly faces and some of me laughing or smiling at Sean who held the camera. I reached up and ran my fingers gently over my favourite photo, taking a deep breath and repeating to myself that he would wake up and that I would have many more favourite photos with him. After a while I eventually opened the wardrobe and picked out Sean’s favourite track pants and a loose blue singlet. The smell of him was everywhere and it made my whole body ache for him. Just seeing him in that hospital bed made me want to curl up in a ball and shut out the world until he woke up.

The ringing of my phone startled me from my thoughts and I pulled it out of my back pocket, seeing Brydie’s name on the screen before answering it and pressing it to my ear.