Chapter 4

Hey guys this chapter isnt as long but I didnt want you all to have to wait too long to find out about what happened to Sean. Please enjoy and let me know what you think

“SEAN, SEAN” I jumped out of bed, running into my bathroom he had to be here. My heart was racing a mile a minute, I thought I was going to bend over and throw up at any second. Will gripped the tops of my arms, and held me still.

“Lia, listen to me Dustin called Sean is in hospital we have to go” he spoke slowly, yet still frantically.

My eyes welled with tears and I nodded my head. I picked up Sean’s black hoodie from my floor and slipped it on, even though it was too big. Will hurried me down to the car where mom and dad already were with the engine running. Dad sped the whole way to the hospital and the whole way not a word was spoken. My head was spinning with possibilities of what could be wrong and there was one that was jumping up and down in the back of my mind waiting to be noticed, but I knew if I even considered that as a possibility I wouldn’t be able to carry on any longer and I needed to be strong for Sean.  It took too long to get to the hospital and I didn’t even wait for dad to cut the engine before I jumped out and ran bare foot across the parking lot, bursting into the emergency waiting room. A few pairs of eyes turned to me, standing in the waiting room with no shoes, pyjamas and messy hair. I ran to the reception counter where the lady behind the counter was on the phone.

“Excuse me” I called, trying to get her attention. She ignored me and continued having her conversation which didn’t sound like a work call when she was discussing her date for tomorrow night. I slammed my hand down on the counter, making her jump and turn to face me. I was breathing heavy and tears were running down my face.

“I’m looking for my boyfriend, Sean Beaufort” I told her, my voice breaking around his name. She put the phone against her chest and raised her eyebrows at me.

“Take a seat” she chirped, nodding her head toward the rows of blue plastic seating in the room. I narrowed my eyes and felt my heart rate speed up. I need to know where he is; if he is alright I have to see him. I reached through the window and pressed the disconnect button on her phone, making her gasp and glare at me.

“I’m not taking a seat, my boyfriend is somewhere in this hospital and I don’t know what state he is in and you have less than five seconds to type his name into that computer of yours and tell me where he is before I jump the counter and rip your fake blonde extensions out of your head” I hissed, leaning in close so I didn’t make a huge scene. She sighed and glared at me a second longer, before turning to the computer and typing.

“Room 307” she told me, picking up the phone and redialling.

“You’re so helpful” I told her sarcastically, before taking off down the hall that led me to the room where I would find out how the rest of my life is going to be. I finally got to the hall where the 300 rooms were and slowed down, catching my breath and walking along the corridor.

“301, 302, 303, 304, 305, 306, 307” I whispered the numbers as I got further down the hall, my heart beat increasing with each number. I stopped outside 307 and took a deep breath, before slowly turning the doorknob and pushing the door open.  I immediately broke down into tears, gasping for air that I just wasn’t getting. My legs felt like jelly and I collapsed to the floor, gasping for air. There he was the boy I’m totally in love with, couldn’t live without lying on a hospital bed not even moving. I pushed myself up off the floor and walked slowly over to the edge of his bed, and that’s when I saw all the damage. He was covered in bruises, his face so swollen it was hard to even recognise him. His lip was stitched and he had a bandage wrapped around his head. His right arm was in a cast and so was his left leg. But the worst thing, the thing that made me want to crawl up in a ball and never move was the machine he was hooked up to that was breathing for him. My face was sticky with tears and sweat, and my head was pounding. I reached out and gently touched his face, feeling the heat from the swelling.