Moonspell Academy

Evil. It’s a really vague thing, I mean what in the world is pure evil? Not anything I know of. I mean wouldn’t it suck to be evil. I guess. I mean, I am the evil twin so I guess I can talk from experience. I know what you’re thinking, what the heck? Yep, hi that’s me, the evil twin of the two witch sisters. So the evil twin is the one that comes out last during birth. My name is Blake which sounds normal at first but then my parents explain it to me and I’m like what? Apparently, Blake means “black” in old English and my parents must have been referring to my heart or something. Why in the world you want to name your baby “black hearted” I have no idea; it’s like naming one of your son scar (after the scar on his face, I know, how creative) and the other Mufasa (which means “King” I mean, how obvious).

Anyway, back to my story. Well, the perks to being the evil twin is that you don’t have to do good in school, no one actually expects you to do good so ya know go figure, Pygmalion effect I guess you could say for all you brainiacs out there. Um, yeah so no one actually expects you to do anything worthwhile so I was free to find myself (which I found in art). Unlike my older sister by two seconds who everyone expects to win a Nobel Peace Prize or something. But whatever, I mean it’s cool to just be able to stay out as long as you want when Karena, my sister whose name means “The pure one”, has to get home by 9.

You’re probably thinking that if I’m just freeloading off my parents then why don’t they just kick me out? There’s like this law in the Witch world that you can’t throw away the evil twin when you get twins because otherwise we might ban together and rebel against the all-powerful Witch Council, it doesn’t make sense to me because well, aren’t they “all-powerful?”. So this is like my Book of Shadows or something where I’m supposed to write evil spells or something. My sis kindly gave it to me for my birthday much to the dismay of my parents who think I’m going to blow up the world with it. You can see my love for my parents is overwhelming.

I, for lack of magic ability, just settled on making this my journal (cause a diary sounds too wimpy) and recording my life story or something, so that future archeologists can dig it up and make me famous. That sounded better in my head… To get the facts straight I’m not snobby, that was a fact. I’m not popular, or preppy, or cool. I’m that weirdo carrying Babylonian candles in her artsy knapsack and wearing baggy canvas pants and a loose sweatshirt that has the name of a collage that no one has ever heard of (It actually was a secret witch collage and the sweatshirt was free…).

I looked down at the gibberish that I scrawled down on the pages of the black and silver bound book. I could barely read my handwriting and the teachers never really tried. I sighed and snapped my book shut. “Claustrum” I said and a silver chain snaked around the book and tightened before resting in a hiss.

“Blake! Come down we need to talk.” My mom shouted and I tossed my Book of Shadows on the bed, these “talks” were never a good sign.

“Coming!” I shouted and grabbed the small jar of ear sealing magic dust off my dresser, just in case she started lecturing. “What?” I said after running down two flights of stairs. She scrunched up her nose at my freshly dyed raven black hair.

“When did that happen?” she said referring to my hair.

“This morning” I replied and she sighed.

“Come into the living room Blake” I cautiously followed her and sat down on the sofa.

“What’sup?” I asked and my dad came in with my sister close behind.

Karena sat down next to me and my dad sat next to my mom on the love seat. “You’re mother and I feel that you girls are old enough and mature enough that we can trust you. Even though-” I cut him off with a wave.