The Amusement Park

This is for Magicstudy for the amazing cover!!!!!!! Just look at the awesomeness!!!! 

Larry was short and stout. His thinning grey hair that he tried to make look fuller with hair gel was greasy. He was in his mid-fifties. Larry lived alone in a one bedroom apartment and normally kept to himself. He did not bother the world, and it didn't bother him.

Larry worked as a night guard at amusement park in the middle of Iowa. He started work late at night when the park closed until early in the morning every day. It was an easy job, but it paid very little.

He really didn't care how much his job paid, as long as it paid all his bills. Especially his Internet, he loved to go on it during the day when he wasn't working. Every day he would spend hours on it instead of sleeping like, he wanted to.

One day he was on a historical website about Iowa. He clicked on a link that showed him something peculiar. It was about a amusement park that was built over a cemetery. He read more into the story and he found out that it was the same theme park he worked at. He felt a little apprehensive about his job now. He didn't really wanted to go back his job today, but he shrugged off that feeling  and went to work.

When he got to work latter that evening, he felt a little grossed out. All these years, he has been walking over dead bodies, and he has had no clue. He stepped a little more softly then normal.

Larry was starting to make his walk around the park when he say a little girl. She looked to be around six or seven. Well she was small enough to sneak in through the gap in the gate, so she must have shimmied in, he thought.

"Hey little girl!  What are you doing here? Where is your Mommy?" he yelled to her.

 When he walked over there he noticed that something was off about her. She had only a flimsy nightgown and she was filthy. Also underneath the lays of grime, she was deathly pale. Her eyes were like lumps of coal. Tears were falling dawn he face and loud sobs were escaping her lips.

"Where is your Mommy?" he asked again in a soft voice.

Then she said in the shrillest voice Larry has ever herd "She is dead! They are all dead! Mommy, Daddy, and I are dead!"

Then she disappeared in a puff of smoke.

Larry felt like he was having a heart attack. He sat down on the grass and tried to compose himself.It was just my imagination, he thought. Well to him that seemed convincing enough, so he started walking again.

It was getting harder and harder for Larry to tell himself that it was his imagination. He kept on seeing flashes of dirty people with tear-streaked faces in the corner of his eyes. His heart was beating so fast that he couldn't think strait. Every where he turned he saw men, women, children with dirty tear-streaked faces. They were closing in on him and he couldn't take it anymore.

"Go away!" He screamed.

He formed into a ball and started rocking back and forth all night long.