Chapter 72

They had survived a day with the Triple Threat, as Dinah had started to call Ally, Normani and herself after declaring that a ship name consisting of their names would just confuse people too much. Although Camila wasn't quite sure which  people she even meant. Or why Dinah felt threatened by the 'Power of Camren'  in the first place when she was their official 'captain'.

Needless to say, it had been a weird day full of laughter, drama and confusion.

Now that it was evening and the other three had gone home, she could enjoy the silence of their apartment, paired with the regular yet soothing clicking next to her. While she was looking through some of Lauren's old English papers, her girlfriend had to finish a report for one of her business classes which was due in a couple of days. It was a nice feeling to just sit next to each other and work in silence yet enjoying the company of the other person at the same time.

She flipped the page and continued to read the marvelous essay her girlfriend had written last year. Lauren was smart. She was really, really  smart and had a way with words that left her intrigued and enamored. Not that she had thought otherwise of course; Lauren's intelligence always shone through.

But reading her essays and papers was something entirely different than their casual talks and discussions. And even though she would probably not understand a single thing, she kind of wanted to catch a glimpse on the business stuff Lauren was majoring in.

The soft typing noise to her right paused for a moment and Camila glanced to her girlfriend who stared with a furrowed brow at the laptop screen. Sighing deeply, Lauren closed the lid and put the device on the small couch table.

"Finished?" Camila asked her and Lauren nodded slowly.

"I think so. I'll read it over tomorrow, but it should be good to go."

Lauren raised her arms above her head to stretch, causing her to expose her belly. Lowering her gaze for a moment, Camila bit her lip. Brains and  beauty.

"Do you have any idea what you want to do after all of this?" she asked curiously. They had never talked about their future plans. Or rather about Lauren's  future plans. The green-eyed girl had somehow managed to change the topic whenever someone brought it up.

Even now, she could see how Lauren froze for a second. "After what?"

"College," she elaborated. "Like, what do you want to do in life? Be a super powerful businesswoman? Ooh, you could become a manager! I can totally see that!"

"Maybe," Lauren drawled and leaned back with a thoughtful expression. "Honestly though? I really don't know. I know this is my junior year and I have to start looking for an internship and stuff, but... no idea. This shit is scary... you know what I mean? When I chose to study business, I only did it to make money. But... I kind of want to do something meaningful with my life..."

"Well... the economy is important," Camila tried to joke and smiled when Lauren chuckled. She could always make her laugh, just like it was the other way around. They were on the same wavelength.

"True." Lauren patted her lap and waited. But for what? "Babe, your legs are going to fall asleep if you remain in that position for too long. Put 'em up."

Glancing down, she noticed for the first time that she was indeed sitting on her legs again. She always seemed to end up this way. Wiggling a little, Camila managed to keep the large folder on her legs while carefully positioning them on her girlfriend's lap. "Thanks."

Obviously satisfied, Lauren nodded. "No problem... I just don't want you to fall when you stand up. I know that I said I'll always catch you, but sometimes you're a little too fast for me."