Seventeen

Thalia's POV:

On his crutches, Troye enters my apartment with Connor behind him. I pull up a foot rest for him to rest his legs but hug him before he does so.

"Welcome back." I smile and kiss him on the cheek. Then, I go to greet Connor. "So, he's alright?" I whisper.

"Yeah, the doctors said he just needs to heal for another 3 weeks. So, some of his other shows have been postponed until next month."

"Shame." I say. "All of those fans having to wait, but I guess Troye can't perform well with a broken leg."

"Of course. We'll take good care of him, won't we?" He takes me in his arms as I nod in reply.

"Alright lovebirds. Someone make me coffee." He shakes his head and laughs. Walking over to the cupboard, I fetch a teaspoon on the way. After the water has boiled I pour out 3 coffees into separate mugs. "Thanks," Troye answers as he shivers because of the warmth of the liquid.

"So, Troye, have you found a place yet?" I query.

"Well, I got my eye on something and it's quite close to you guys so I might go for it."

"Yeah! Then we can still see each other a lot!" Connor instantly lights up.

"Awesome. So, I was wondering whether both of you would like to come to my friend Rachel's wedding?  She wanted me to ask you in case you didn't want to come." I pull out two ivory cards with Connor and Troye written on them in silver thread. Fancy. They both lean over to take the cards as they agree to attend. Rachel has only met Troye once and Connor a few times but once you've met her, it seems like you've been friends forever. So, they'll feel right at home with her.

"We're gonna fly over to Michigan I presume?" Connor asks.

"Oh yeah. Maybe a week early so I can help set up and see my dress." I day-dream of a flowing gown upon me that is really pretty and dainty.

"Are you maid of honour?" Troye speaks even though he is on his phone texting someone and giggling to himself.

"Yeah! My first time!" I jump around in my seat excitedly. "I'm so happy for Rach and that you guys will be there with me! Make sure you have a suit!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Rach!" I scream as I sprint down toward the exit and jump into her arms. We hug for forever and break into uncontrollable laughter for no reason.

"Come on, the cab's waiting. Connor, Troye! So glad you could come! I've booked you a hotel so you can unpack there first. Then we're going to the reception hall to start setting up. Ok?" Rachel smiles her usual 'mum' grin. We all hop in the car before driving off toward the hotel. As Troye looks out of the window, I spy at his phone and see a lot of kissy emojis and love hearts. Something must be blossoming in his life. I nudge Connor and point at the phone. He looks at me with hopeful eyes; all he wants is Troye to be happy. Just as I take another peek again, Troye is startled that we have been snooping and turns toward the window so we can no longer see. Eventually, we arrive and the boys offer to take our luggage in so me and Rach head up to my room. In the lift, she gets a text.

"Oh for goodness sake." She mutters.

"What?"

"They cancelled the table decorations order by accident so now we don't have any. I've got to go and try and sort something out. Don't worry about coming along, we can start tomorrow. Take care." She hugs me and walks out the elevator on the phone sounding frustrated. I guess now I have the rest of the day with the guys.