Be cold, be smart, be silent.

So history went by, and as soon as there was a break, I rushed to the nearest bathroom.  Locking myself in a booth, I felt myself shaking. Stop it, I told myself. Show no weakness. Show no mercy.

Trying to calm myself, I started to rock back and forth, with closed eyes. Not making a single sound. Just because this school is full of rude creatures that can kill you in less than a heartbeat, doesn’t mean they will. I mean, I haven’t given the pack any newcomers yet! Calm down. Them looking at you, won’t kill you! Don’t freak! Their big ass muscles are nothing compared to you’re brain… maybe. Just don’t think about how big they are compared to you!

When the bell rang, I took a deep and shaky breath. I got out of the booth, and walked over to the mirror. I looked intensely at myself, I just needed to remember: “Be cold, be hard, be strong, be emotionless. Be careful. Be silent.” I whispered. I heard a gasp. Turning around I saw I was not alone in the room. A tiny skinny girl with red hair was staring at me. I turned completely towards her.

“I-I didn’t mean to eavesdrop! I’m so sorry! I thought I was alone!” she squealed. I gave her a look, I think she got the whole ‘keep-you’re-mouth-shut!’ vibe I was sending her. Then I turned and walked to my next class with was; math… Gah!

I entered my math class. It started pretty much the same way as my history class, with the teacher asking me to introduce myself. I said nothing.

Except this teacher was old, and felt no need to tell a story in his math class. Mr. Wilskow was a big man who looked like he was born in Russia during the cold war.

“Go sit down next to Shawn, as you two seem to have some sort of an acquaintance.” He said. Letting out a sigh, I moved towards Shawn’s seat.

Once I sat down, I understood why nobody was in this seat before me. Shawn looked at me like a puppy, and smiled. He started to talk, and then he never stopped…

“ I’m sorry, I feel like we got off on the wrong start! I apologize if I offended you in any way. I hope you don’t think badly of me. I’m quite nice! I’ve heard I resemble a golden retriever.” He smiled proudly,

“ If you need help finding you’re way through the school or just want a lunch buddy I’m here for you! And if you wonder what types of after school activities we have, I pretty much know them all. Everyone here has at least two clubs they are active in. Did you meet with the principal? Want me to go with you? I understand how that meeting could be uncomfortable, but maybe if I where there, it would be easier! Hey can I see you’re schedule?” He took it before I got to answer.

“I’ll show you the beautiful art department during next break, because it’s right next to home ed. witch we have next. And after that I’ll show you to the library, cuz Mrs. Emil usually let’s us go 10 minutes earlier, for lunch. And then we have lunch.”

I held my gaze on the board, trying to pay attention to the scribble scrabble going on. Is this Latin?

“ …Or if you need help in any class, I’m a tutor, and would gladly help!”

Did he just call me stupid?

He was quiet for a moment.

“ Ivy?” he asked. I ignored him, taking the Jake guy’s advice. He looked at me for a long time, moving restlessly and poking me once in a while. Wow… Zero social skills...

 Math didn’t end fast enough, and when it did, Mr. Wilskow wrote down the never-ending math homework.

I tried to walk fast away from Shawn. He caught up with me. “ I…” he started, and I ran into the nearest restroom.