My first day at Woodwind

This story is a mix of fantasy, darkness, romance and humor. I'm not sure where I'm going with this, but I'd love to hear what the people of wattpad has to say about it ;)

So this is my first story! so please comment, but be nice!

---------------------------------

People generally don’t like the cold. I love it. The snow is cleansing, and shows every dirty truth, on the glittery surface of the perfectly white snow, made of individual crystals. I looked ahead, the next sign said; 'Woodwind High school & College.' Derek turned the steering wheel, and the school came closer and closer, till we where there. No one was to be seen. He parked the car.

“Good luck today, Ivy,” he said. Hinting for me to get out of the car.

There was a long silence.

“ There’s nothing we can do about this. Make the best of the situation and be grateful of the opportunity you’re getting”, again I did not answer, and when he understood that this would be a one-sided conversation, he said:

“ I know you don’t want to attend Woodwind, and move away from you’re mom. Not getting to know why or how, or anything! I understand the frustration, but we have no choice.”

I looked at him. Letting no emotion show. “ I fought, because my basic rights have been ignored, leaving my incapable mom by herself, and let’s not forget you want me to happily skip ahead to a school for specially gifted kids.” I concluded. “ And I will continue to fight because you let them force me to …’mate’ with someone I have never met.” I looked away from him. “ And trust me when I say my fighting is not over and I will make as much trouble and hell for everyone I see. You have not seen the last of me.” Looking back at him I said “ and you will feel my anger and sorrow. That’s a promise.”  While getting quickly out of the car, I tried not to feel creeped out that there where no footprints in the snow what so ever. Derek could believe I was ignorant, but I knew exactly what they wanted from me, and who they where. They can’t hide that type of information from me.

Rushing to the office, I saw a small woman with old fashion clothes and big glasses. She stared at me. Smiling inciting for me to say something. I didn’t. After a while of staring she asked; “so what’s you’re name young lady?” I didn’t answer that either. She knew, I could tell. Not to mention, it’s not usual for student's to attend this school, the way I am. She just handed me my schedule, a ‘new kid’- note and locker code. “ You’re first class is history, in the humanitarian-studies hall! Second floor!” she yelled after me.

I walked through the corridors. I met no one. When I found it, I stared at my locker for half a second. It’s actually quite an ugly blood red colour on it. Like any other locker I guess. I took out my history books. I had Mr. Noom for this class, it said on my schedule. I then walked in to my new class; witch was on the second floor. I turned to the left when I got up stairs, and knocked before I entered the door labelled H12.

I closed the door behind me, and noticed everyone was quiet. I walked over to the teacher, and handed him the ‘new kid’-note. “Ah! Students this is Ivy. She is new here and you must all take good care of her.” He turned his focus back to me. “So Ivy! Tell us a little about your self…” I turned and looked at my class for the first time.

Most of them smiled, as if overly happy, trying to get eye contact. But some of them just stared weirdly at me. As if in awe. I didn’t answer him. I looked back at him, and stretched out my hand for him to give me back my note. People started to whisper slightly, before someone said out loud, “it’s her first day here. She’s probably uncertain and trying to adjust.” I sneaked a peak of the boy who’d spoken up. He was one of the maniac smilers. Looking overjoyed.

“Well then Ivy, take a seat next to Jack, the fellow in the big blue jacked.” Getting tired in my arm, I simply grabbed the note from him, and walked over to the only boy in a blue jacket. He just so happened to be the most tall, muscular and hovering guy I ever met. I didn’t even greet him. I just sat down, put my bag on the floor, took my jacket off and opened the history book at the pages written on the board.

“ Well then class I’ll tell you what I know about the silent Ivy” he said, my head snapped up at this. He couldn’t do that. Tell them my personal business. However, I didn’t care enough to break my silent protest, and looked back down at the book. And so he started “ Ivy, comes from the dark side of life.” he gave me a sly smile.

“ With a mom in deep debt, and memory loss. This has caused her to move a lot, finding a job that could work with her school schedule. Having no dad, or support system what so ever, made her grow up, before she got to be a kid. Cause no kid should have to help his or her mom not kill herself, or witness a murder. Or was it two?”

There was a short pause.

“And on top of all that, our dear principal works it out with the US army, so that she has no other choice but to attend this school, before asking her if she was ok with it and do as she’s told.”

Again a short pause.

 I could hear intense and low whispers, some gasps even. I groaned. He made me seem like a ghetto kid. “And she has already started to plan how to get her revenge, and freedom. So did I get I all?” I looked up at Mr. Noom. I then let my eyes glide across the room looking into everyone’s eyes. I saw mostly pity and shock. I looked back at the teacher. He was smiling at me.

“ You’ve got the right genes to carry cubs, humanoids in wolf form--”

 “JACKSON!!” someone screamed. I looked at the guy next to me.

“ That’s why they made you come here, and why everyone will suck up to you. Even if they hate you. Watch you’re back…” Jakson spoke it all without looking at me, but instead his hands.

The guy, who’d spoken up for me, before the story telling time, now got up. “You are wanted in the 4th year group room. Leave now.” He said looking straight at Jackson. I looked at him as well. Why would Jackson listen to the guy 1/3 of his size, and how could the fellow know if Jakson was wanted somwhere?

The class was in complete silence and Jackson, to my horror, hurriedly left and closed the door. The small guy spoke up; “ My name is Shawn, and I am sorry for what has happened and for the miscommunication but--!”

“Wrong.” I said.

“Uhm… sorry?” he said unsurely, taken aback of my speaking.

“You where wrong “ I said looking right at my history teacher now.

“My mom never tried to kill herself, though she’s depressed, she would never leave me. However I swallowed 15 painkillers with half a bottle of vodka when I realised that the choises about my life was already made without me. And for that you, and the faculty that you work with, are responsible.”

Again, with the pause. I hate them for observing me. I’m not a lab rat.

“Cause I have nothing but my principles and my freedom. You wear-wolfs, wich I figured this school was for a long time ago, don’t care about my opinion, or answer. And I will treat you all as such.” I looked back in my book making sure no emotions where showing through.

“And then all hell breaks loose! Remember class this is how it’s supposed to be, because the harder the road is, the sweeter the victory willl be!!” Mr. history teacher cheered, while scribbling on the board. Most of the students turned to continue with the lesson. But some still stared and was completely angled my way. I looked at Shawn, who seemed as if he was about to cry.

So yeah. This is my life. I’m forced to mate with an Alpha. Not marry, love or be loved by. But simply handing him babies, and walk the heavy road that this task requires.

Good thing I have a friend who can hack the greatest machinery in the army. How else would I know that alphas have more than one mate? And the human one is always at the bottom?

Did I mention that some alphas are so dangerous they sleep in high security cells? Yeah, they might sleep-kill. And I also know that, in these were-schools, they learn the ‘Alpha & human-mate’ history, as a love story. Not being concerned that after the birth, the human mates usually die. Or get killed by someone in the pack. You see, except for being baby makers, we are no use to the pack.

Don’t worry though, my being silent isn’t the only protest I’m planning on.