Chapter 11 (Andrew and Brian's POV)

Andrew's POV:

"You're messing with the wrong guy."

"Oh, is that so?" John asked me, "Are you saying you want to fight me?"

"No, I just want you to leave Stephani alone."

"You're very protective over her. Are you her brother? Are you two dating? Oh, please tell me."

"I just respect women, unlike you. You just sleep around. And you're a jerk."

"Aww, you hurt me." John put his hand over his heart, "It hurts, right here." He patted his chest, he then looked over at Stephani, "And you." He pointed at her and started to walk over to her, "I know you're fake."

"Excuse me?" She asked. 

"I know you're not who you say you are."

"I am who I am. Why do you think I'm different."

"I'm smarter than that. But I understand, you have a rep to protect."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Yes you damn well do."

She rolled her eyes.

"Leave Steph alone." Claire said.

John looked at Claire. He then turned around and walked away. Stephani looked over at Brian, then at me. She then walked off, going to the upstairs part of the library. 

Brian's POV:

I decided to follow Stephani to see what was wrong. I went up the stairs and saw her sitting against the wall. She looked up at me, she had tears in her eyes.

"You know, John's right." She said, "I'm not who I appear to be."

I sat down across from her, "Then what?"

"I used to be a nobody in middle school.. Then I started to act up in seventh grade.. I went through this faze.. But don't we all?"

"Yeah.. I went through a faze.. I tried to be a skater."

She softly laughed, then she wiped her eyes, "I don't even like my rep.. But I don't want to change it.. It'll ruin me. People will think of me different."

"You shouldn't care of what others think of you Stephani," I moved next to her, "Their negative oppinions don't matter when it comes to you."

"I know I shouldn't care, but I do. I mean, put yourself in my position, if you were this 'criminal' like how I am, and everyone started to find out it was just an act for attention.... How would you feel?"

I sat and thought about it for a second, she did have a point.

"I just don't want people to treat me differently."

"Like it's any better how they treat you now?" I asked.

"It is. I mean, yeah, I get called a slut a lot by people.. But when it comes to the criminal part, people are afraid of me. I could get anyone to do anything for me. If I wanted a seat in the cafeteria, I would just snap my fingers and they would move.. It's like popularity, but everyone is afraid of me. Do you get what I'm saying?"

"Yeah, I kind of do."

"And I don't want that to go away."

"But what will happen if you try to apply for a job, and someone knows how you are now, and they decide to not hire you because they're afraid you'll steal or something?"

I sighed, "I never thought of that. But I wouldn't steal."

"But you have before."

"Yeah, for my rep."

"But once high school is over, it won't matter."

"I know.. It's all because I got stupid in seventh grade, then after that.... It went down hill."

"You're not stupid. You just got tired of being at the bottom.."

"I got stupid when I got drunk and slept with a guy when I was in eighth grade.. I blame myself for how I acted in seventh grade. I just wish, I didn't do it in the first place."