Yo, I like unicorns

“Unicorns suck.” I heard James’ monotone voice. I rolled my eyes at me while staring at the T.V. I yawned at the five minute commercial break. I was watching an unicorn movie on a Friday night. It was the best thing to do instead of partying, partying and partying.

“Shouldn’t you be stripping at a party?” I threw a pillow at him when I heard a soft “ow”. Good, at least it hurt.

“I don’t strip, drink or eat.” I stared at him while he eyed the five gallon popcorn bucket next to me. He scooted towards me before asking “so, why are you here?”

“Yo, I like unicorns. Shut up.” He gave me a flat look before looking at the t.v. I turned the volume up and sat through the rest of the movie until the unicron rescues his best friend, a llama, and they live happily ever after.

The sad thing about the movie was happily ever afters don’t exist. I tried finding mine with the perfect guy. I hoped he will give me love that my parents couldn’t for the past ten years.

The worst part was I did find my soulmate to figure out he hates me. He thinks I am such a “bully” and “bratty”. If he stepped in my gorgeous, red high heels, he would feel it isn’t all nice being high and does come up with a lot of pain.

“What are you thinking about, kid?” James voice broke through my thoughts. I growled at his nickname. I didn’t know why he categorized me in that section. I am eighteen years old for goodness sake, an adult.

“Just how sad my life is.” I mumbled looking at him. He connected his grey eyes with mine. His dark blonde hair was tousled without any fancy gel. I had an itch to swipe my hands through his hair.I looked at his face a bit longer to notice light freckles on his rosy cheeks. I waited for his smart aleck from his light pink lips. However, it never came.

Instead, he said “your life isn’t sad. It’s just the people in it.” I nodded my head at his answer. He snatched the remote from me before changing the channel.

He continued “like your friends, Witchy and Dummy.” I would have corrected him, but it was valid.

“All they care about it shopping, partying, stripping and popularity. I don’t want you to turn out the same way.” He took a deep breath. I felt his rough thumb make ring motions on my hands. His words sounded so similar to Duke’s.

Was I that much of a Diva?

“So, what happened with them?” I stared at the news channel while muttering “a stupid fight.” My legs folded to my chest as I sat there leaning onto the couch with James touch on my hands comforting me.

A familiar figure appeared on the t.v. screen. The headlines on the bottom was “Werewolf King Resigning.” My eyes popped out of my sockets as I stared at a middle aged man with a light gray beard and a bags dropping from his light brown eyes. He had wrinkles at the end of his heart shaped face.

A video clip of him was playing at his press conference. He spoke in a deep voice “I think it is time”. I could see the sweat dancing on his bald head as they dropped down on his skin.

Talk about nervousness.

His chubby figure stayed still before looking at the camera “I think it is time for me to resign. Being the king was the best damn thing that ever happened to me. However, it is time, it is time for a young fellow to follow in the king’s footsteps. I hope you understand. God Bless, everyone.” He darted out of the room without answering the media’s question.

I turned out to look at James with my mouth hung wide open.

“Close your mouth, dear.” I quickly shut it up and sat in Indian style with my legs crossed over.

“This is such a drastic change of news.” He nodded his head slowly.

“Do you not care about this?” I pointed my fingers at the television. He shrugged his shoulders while changing the channel.

I got up from the sofa and stared at him for a second. I could see a small smile forming on his face due to my annoyance. I rolled my eyes before walking out and yelling “I am going to sleep.”

“Ok. Bye.” I heard his reply as I made my way to my room. I feel like he plays around too much rather than working on his job. 

Sorry about the lack of updates, I just need to be in a mood to write. I will update Ch.10 next week. :) Stay cool.