Brothers

Quick author's note before starting! Maki won by majority. But instead of typing it about her I thought, 'why not make the story based on her pups?' So that is what I'm going to do. I really am glad that I have people reading the sequel! Thanks for sticking with it, because it gets to be a bumpy ride. (:

On to the story!

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Maki, push!" the herb wolf ordered.

Maki growled at the herb wolf, then pushed one last time. "That's it, two males." the herb wolf announced. "If you don't mind, I'll attend to my other duties while you and Xavier think of names."

"We don't mind, you can go now." Xavier said. Then he looked at the pups. "Wow, they're so - perfect."

Maki grunted in amusement. "Yeah."

"So, what should we name them?" Xavier asked.

"I've already picked out names." Maki said. "The black pup is Blake, and the brown pup is Tyler."

"Those are great names, Maki." Xavier said, nuzzling Maki affectionately.

------------------

The autumn breeze tickled Tyler's nose as he and his brother, Blake, got to explore outside of the den for the first time. "Wow....everything is so big!" Blake exclaimed.

Tyler could only nod his head in agreement. He was speechless.

"No way, Tyler is being quiet without me telling him to!" Maki fake gasped.

"Mom!" Tyler exclaimed. Then his gaze traveled towards Blake, who was exploring.

"Blake, wait up!" Tyler howled as he scampered toward Blake.

"Keep up slowpoke!" Blake retorted as he ran even farther away. "Bet you can't catch me!"

"Well you better say your prayers, because Daddy's coming!" Xavier exclaimed as he jumped out of nowhere to land on Blake.

"Dad, how can you sneak up on us like that?" Blake whined.

"Yeah, it's no fair." added Tyler.

"It's my awesome stealth, no one can escape me." Xavier boasted.

Maki scoffed. "And yet, I remember you scared off a deer last week by not walking lightly enough."

Xavier growled playfully."I thought you were my mate, not my personal critic."

Maki smirked, then said, "Pups, I think it's time we went inside the den."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

So, how'd you like it? Was it awesome? Was it disappointing? Come on, readers, answer me! (:

I'm know it's a short chapter, but I was unexpectedly busy today so, yeah.

Adios!

Until the next chapter!

Yay! (: