The scorching sun

Acacia left. but she doesnt know where she\'s going. ok read on.

The sun beat down on me, scorching my skin. Before I had gotten three miles away my skin was already red and parts of it were blistered. I desperately hoped I was going the right way and that the fuel wouldn't run out before I got there.

Just as I had feared though, the car soon ran out of gas and town was still nowhere in sight. This could not be happening. I couldn't see the trees anymore and the other direction was just sand.

So I started walking. An hour of that and I started crawling. I was getting too hot. I took off my shirt. Then my shorts.

I couldn't breathe. The sun was pelting me with heat. I fell into the sand and felt my eyes droop shut. The middle of the desert and no one knew where I was.

Just me, alone and dying.

My body was rocking back and forth. It was too hot. Wasn't heaven supposed to be perfect? Oh no. I wasn't in heaven. Only hell was this hot. What had I done wrong? Was it wrong of me to try and get back home and now that I was dead I had to go to hell?

"No, no, no!" I shouted

Then a hand touched my face. I pried my eyes open and saw I was on a camel with Elron holding me across the front. Hell? Maybe.

He looked down and smiled. "Good this should make Scar happy. You're alive."

He put a little water on my shirt and pressed the bundled piece of cloth to my forehead.

I tried to move but my body burned everywhere. I groaned.

"Don't worry. We'll get you in a bath of Aloe when we get back. It will help make the sunburn sting less. So why did you take off your clothes?"

"Too hot."

"Oh well you have a sunburn everywhere now except where your underwear was. No clothes for you for a while." He chuckled a little "Scar will love that."

I tried to slap him but it just ended up a nudge on the cheek. My head flopped to the side. He laughed.

"Here drink some water. It will help."

I took three long mouthfuls before he pulled it away.

"This needs to last the whole ride back." He scolded

"Elron, is she awake?" asked a voice from the radio at Elron's belt

He picked up the radio and pushed the button. "She just woke up, Blade. I see the forest. We'll be back soon. Can you get an aloe bath ready? She is red everywhere."

"Sure. Hope you feel better, Acacia! Over and out."

I turned my head so I could see the trees slowly growing nearer. Elron took his arms off of me to dig in his pack and I started sliding. "Hey Elron-."

I fell onto the sand and the camel galloped away with Elron still on it. I lie back down on the sand and fell asleep again as Elron disappeared into the trees on that stupid camel.

And again I awoke to the stupid camel bouncing and Elron holding onto me. We were just entering the trees and the shade cooled my body.

"Sorry I let you fall."

I grumbled something unintelligible and he laughed. "Well I hope you're happy because now we both have sunburns."

"Sorry." I said

"It's Okay. I get burned all the time. Mine isn't a tenth of what yours is though. I think you will be a lot less pale once this burn turns into tan. Can't wait to see you."

"Whatever." I smiled when I saw the cabin ahead and then we broke into the sun at the front of the cabin. Scar, Xavier, and Blade were on the porch waiting. There was a tub full of green goo on the porch in the shade.

Scar ran over and his eye grew huge when he saw how red I was.

He very carefully took me down from the camel and carried me to the porch.

Xander and Blade started to laugh when they saw me. I gave them a very kind message with my middle finger. They laughed.

Scar put me into the green goo and sat on the porch railing.

"So," said Blade "What happened to you?"

"I left and the car ran out of gas. I started walking but I got too hot so I took off my shirt and shorts. I started crawling then I like blacked out from the heat or something."

"Heatstroke." Clarified Elron

"Whatever. I woke up and thought I was in hell. I was really on a camel with Elron."

They laughed.

"Then he let me fall off that stupid camel and ran away."

"I didn't run away, Alil Shaba did."

"Whatever. And now I'm here in a tub of goo." I flicked some at Elron. "Sorry about your sunburn."

The next few hours consisted of talking to them and sneaking glances at Scar who was staring off into the horizon. At one point he actually fell backwards of the railing and fell head-first into a mound of sand.

He was stuck and Blade and Elron had to pull him out before he suffocated. If I didn't know any better I'd say that they were his real older brothers. They might just feel bad for him though. I hope not. I hope they love him like a real brother. Poor Scar deserves that and so much more.

The sun started to set and Scar brought me inside. I would have to spend the whole day tomorrow in the aloe tub and I wasn't looking forward to that.

I snuggled into the blankets in a corner and waited for sleep to overtake me. It never came. The boys were snoring so I snuck out of the blankets and quickly hobbled my way out to the porch.

The scorching heat had cooled off and it was actually kind of cold. I sat on the railing and stared up at the moon, slowly making its voyage over the sky. A bird flew by. I wondered what it would be like to be a bird and just fly away from all my problems. Birds are nomads and they never need to stay in one place very long. They can leave any time they run into trouble. They live in the air where it stays cool and can bed down anywhere to spend the night. It wasn't fair how free they were when us humans were practically nailed down.

I heard movement behind me and I turned in time to see Scar step into the moonlight.

"Good evening Scar." I said I wasn't expecting the answer I got. I wasn't expecting an answer at all.

But I got one.

ok i know this is kinda short. sorry. but I\'ll write more next time.