Chapter three - Here We Go Again

The two weeks I had been back at school had been tiring to say the least. With Georgina being attacked and leaving me at school on my lonesome, and Logan hounding me about what he saw was the most drama I had seen in, well, a year. And I am not exaggerating. I live a very boring life.

It had been a week since Georgina was hurt, so today she was due back to school, whether she’d show her face or not, who knew? Georgina’s pride was hurt, as well as her ego and “rep”. Apparently getting ‘beaten the fuck out of like a sack of potatoes’ will damager herself image for the rest of her life. I guessed it wasn’t a good idea to tell her all that happened was her hair got pulled and she was kicked. Considering, I’ve never experience a slap, I kept my mouth shut.

As if on cue, Georgina stormed through the reception doors. If looks could kill, the majority of the student body would be dead. Clearly, she hadn’t gotten over it. Her hair was up in a scruffy bun; a first- but I suppose it feels better to do that when you have twelve stitches in your scalp. She was wearing nothing but her denim shorts, vest top and white vans. Now, compared to what she normally wears, this is like… pyjamas, so I’d say she still wasn’t 100%.

“I feel like shit,”

“I’m not surprised. Anyone said anything yet?” I replied while getting my Math books from my locker.

“I haven’t really been listening to be honest. I know what they’re saying anyway…”

I sighed in response, “Fair enough.”

The day was passing quickly. Logan hadn’t come up to me today, although that didn’t stop him from sending me notes. None of them were addressed by him, but I doubt anyone else would send me a note saying ‘Sorry about your bracelet, hope your wrist gets better.’

I didn’t know what his aim was. What was he trying to accomplish by harassing me all day? What would he get out of thinking I was abused, because let’s face it, that’s what he thought. So what pleasure could he get out of getting into my head? Would it make him feel all big and mighty to find out I was beaten? Not saying I am, but would it?

Just as I was about to enter the cafeteria, my cell buzzed a few times. I turned it on to see three text messages, all from Georgina.

-Can we eat by the trees today? Don’t really feel like being a walking museum-

-Not saying I’m scared or anything, just don’t wanna bother with morons-

-I am waiting by the trees near the end of the field, round corner-

I shoved my phone in my pocket and made my way back through the school the way I came and out onto the field, following the path round until I found Georgina sitting on the grass, on top of her cardigan which she had laid down, eating her tuna and sweet corn roll.

“And finally, she arrives! Where the hell were you?”

I sat down, pulling out my lunch. “Mr Vicar decided to keep the class five minutes after the bell because of Brody. I swear, one of these days I am going to go mental on his ass!”

“Who? Brody?”

“No, Mr Vicar. He’s such an old fart!”

Suddenly the sunlight was blocked by three tall figures. Cupping my hand over my eyes so I could see who the intruders were, a chorus of giggles sounded. Go, figure.