Chapter 27

Summer's POV

"God! Jenn don't be so fussy. Go put on your blue ripped jeans if you can't find the black ones!" I told my choosy daughter who was whining about her lost black jeans. She could behave so grumpy sometimes.

"I ain't wearing that mom! I already wore that to your work a million times!" she growled.

"Argh!!!" I groaned holding my head. First of all I was in a hurry to get to work and now nagging around this grumpy teenage girl of mine. 

"Don't worry Sammy, you were more grumpier then her" mom said laughing, looking at me, which made Jenn giggle and she stuck out her tongue at me.

I rolled my eyes and whispered yelled, glaring at Mom "You didn't have to say that near her, mom!"

She shook her head laughing and went upstairs.

Mom had been staying with us since a few days since Dad was out of town with some work. I insisted mom on staying with us, that way I'd be able to look after her too.

I continued digging into my bag searching for my compact set.

"Jenn baby, why don't you try this? This will look great on you" my mom called Jenn, holding a dress. Wait, that dress was mine when I was like around 15. It was a simple baby pink dress.

"Mom that's my dress?" I asked her. She nodded enthusiastically.

"That's mom's?" Jenn asked looking at me and mom back and forth. "yes it was, even though she wore it only once. She was never found of dresses" mom told her giving me a quirky smile.

She chuckled and put on the dress excitedly and truthfully she looked better in it, then me.

"Mom! How am I looking?" she asked me twirling around with her dress

"Mom! How am I looking?" she asked me twirling around with her dress. "Beautiful as always. C'mere" I said opening my arms. She ran into my arms and hugged me.

"Aww! Look at the two mother and daughter pair!" Micky said coming in. I smiled at her while she snapped a picture of the two of us.

"By the way, here you go. I have some work I'll meet you guys later" Micky pressed a kiss on Jenn's cheek and hugged me before running away.

"Okay, I got to go get ready. Wait here Jenn and mum go get some rest you" I said as walked to my room.

I changed into my a short spaghetti top and ink blue skinny jeans. I slung my brown sling bag on my shoulder, when suddenly the door bell rang. "Jenn just see who it is?" I said. "Okay mum" she replied and I heard footsteps hit the wooden floor of my flat. 

I put on my brown strapped sandals and walked to the door to check the visitor

I put on my brown strapped sandals and walked to the door to check the visitor. When I reached almost near the door I saw Jenn staring outside the door. I was never prepared for Jenn meeting Nick so soon.

"Jenn?" I called out. No reply. "Jenn who's it?" I asked her. Still no reply.

I got irritated and stomped to the door and opened it wide to reveal Nick standing there.

Shit!

"Dad" Jenn whispered loud enough for me to hear. I looked at her blankly and was totally speechless for sometime.

"Nick" I finally managed to say. "Erm... Hi" he waved sheepishly. I gulped a lump from my throat.

"Hi" I mumbled. "Umm... Can I?" he asked motioning inside. "Yeah-yeah sure" I said nodding my head continuously and made way for him to get inside.

He hesitantly got inside and looked around awkwardly. "Sit" I told him.

He sat down, still looking around. "What made you come here?" I asked. "Umm... Sorry" he replied.

"Sorry?" I asked confused. "yeah... Sorry..." he dragged. "Care to explain?" I asked him.

"Umm.... Yeah... Erm... So" he continued. I sighed and looked down at my feet.

"God! Let's just break this block of awkwardness between us. We're never great being awkward around each other" he sprang from his seat and knelt down before mine.

I widened my eyes and looked at Jenn who was still standing near the door observing us in shock. Poor girl. She was meeting her dad for the first time, being shocked was obvious.

"Sam, I know I was stupid. I left, I ran away from my duties. I shouldn't have. I'm sorry-"

"A sorr-" I was about to say but he cut me off "I know a sorry can't mend the broken things but we can at least bring new ones right?" he said.

That boy could still read my mind. I looked at him, basically stared into his eyes searching something, I didn't realize.

"Right?" he repeated. I sighed and nodded. "I'm sorry?" he said with a expression that could melt everyone's heart.

I gave in and said "It's okay". He chuckled and smiled weakly at me. "I missed you" he said looking into my eyes.

"I miss you too" I said curving my lower lip downwards sadly. He jumped and hugged me tight, squeezing my intestines out.

But you know what, I didn't care. I was back with my best boy friend and nothing could make me more happier than this. "I missed you so freaking much Nick!" I said sniffling into my tears.

"Me too" he replied still hugging me. We broke the hug and his face was just half a inch away from mine. I could literally feel his hot breath on my nose. We both stared into each others eyes for a long time and without even realizing it, our lips were touching, suddenly we heard a clearing of throat. We jumped back from each others grip immediately, realizing the presence of Jenn.

"Erm... So you guys are back?" she asked awkwardly. Damn! We should've been careful. Jenn was just about to experience her mom and dad kissing in front of her.

"Yeah I guess" we both replied simultaneously which made us giggle.

Suddenly Nick and Jenn both turned serious and looked at each other. After sometime of their staring session Nick smiled and opened his arms out for Jenn. Jenn ran half way but then stopped and looked at me, as if asking me the permission to hug her father.

"Of course!" I said and she beamed her cutest smile at me and ran into the arms of her Dad.

My family felt complete. I not only got back my best friend but also my daughter got her dad.

Maybe this happiness was not for ever but I just decided to enjoy the present, for the first time in 12 years. For the first time I didn't care about my future, I decided to live like that carefree 18 years old Sam again.

All I knew was right now I have the people I love that most, nothing else matters.

Awww!!!!!! *sniffles sobbing* guys let me cry. Please drop your comments and votes after wiping your happy tears 😂