Chapter 3 || Mum's Uncle's Cousin's Parrot

Sometimes, people can be really annoying.

The car park of West Gate High was far too over crowded with students cluttered like a bag of Skittles spilled on a table. There were students walking in the middle of the road; students sitting on and in cars - even on top; students on the grass; students in the bushes even. 

Here in West Gate, everyone had their own 'group' as we called them. The group classified what each person was like, for example the musicians were all one group, the artists were another and then came the more popular ones, like the Populars, the Jocks and the Rebels.  

Me? I was one of the Populars, and I suppose a little bit of the Jocks and Rebels. I didn’t sleep around which meant I was part of the jocks, and I loved playing foot ball anyways. But the Jock title didn't apply to me because big surprise, I’m not a boy. At lunch time, I just hung out with them when I was not with the others so they had considered me as one of them.

As for the 'Rebel', I think you would have guessed, I was not exactly the typical good Christian girl, and I had been in jail over night quite a few times, so the 'good girl' title instantly flew out the window. 

As I approached the gates, people knew it was me and started moving out of the way and looking at my car. Obviously, I would have an awesome car due to my love of cars; I was currently driving a sleek black Porsche Carrera GT which was the car my parents gave me for my 17th birthday. 

I had been speeding down the highway to school and the rev of the engine was so loud, people turned to look even though they would know it was me. As I approached my parking spot, I saw the jocks sitting on some round picnic tables which was their spot. They looked up and waved telling me to come over to them. 

 While taking my bag from the passenger seat, I opened the door and closed it, locking it over my shoulder while walking over to them. A space was made for me to sit, and as soon as i sat my other 'friends' (Known as 'The Fakes' for obvious reasons) came to us. 

"Oh My Gawd, Skyler! You are such a bad girl! Is it true you, like, got chased by the police?" Cindy, the 'Head Fake', scuttled over in her killer heels and tight clothes that were meant for a 10 year old. She had all the symptoms showing she was a Fake:  bleached hair; a fake tan which made her look like a cheese puff in clothes; plastic surgery everywhere. 

“Yeah, how’d you know?” I said with a confused look – I hadn’t told anyone and the police didn’t catch me. 

“Well, this friend of a friend of a friend was in Walmart, and she, like, saw a car get chased by police and the driver was a girl with black hair! So obviously, it must be you! Cos you’re, like, the only one that would do that-” Her high pitched voice was interrupted by the loud shrill of the bell. 

Cindy and the other Fakes walked towards the doors which left me with the guys waiting for one member of the group. We usually went in altogether because it gave more effect according to Jack, the quarterback.  

“Hey guys!” I turned my head to see a familiar figure running towards us, “Hey sis,” He ruffled my hair and apologized for being late.

“Hey Sean. Why are you so late?” I asked getting up and making my way towards the entrance with Sean and the rest beside me.

“Bella. She got up late and I had to drop her off to school,” Bella was Sean’s younger sister. She was 5 years old and the most adorable kid with her light brown hair, matching Sean’s, and big blue eyes. I was about to reply when the late bell sounded and we all cursed.