Tell Me

She's always told him to tell her when he leaves because the idea of waking up in the barely there light of the morning completely alone, makes her feel... Uncomfortable. It's not that she can't handle sleeping alone, no, she can assure you she's a grown woman who can sometimes be too excited to lay in bed, spread eagle, without another body muttering half-awake profanities at her and yanking "his half" of the blanket back to his side. She'll be honest; she's a bed hog.

That matter aside however, what makes her uncomfortable is the idea of going to bed with a loved one, and then waking up the next morning with no trace of them left. It makes things feel unstable to her, and while Lomadia is no stranger to chaos or instability, she likes her home life to be like a mountain in a dense jungle, untouched and strong. That added with the fact that Xephos usually came home with a beaten up body and a tired face that she would inevitably have to patch up, was what led to her asking Xephos to tell her when he leaves, no matter how early, or groggy, or miffed at him she was, he was supposed to tell her.

And it seemed that over time, the goodbyes seemed to get harder, and the distress she felt when he returned battered and bruised amplified. And it was in a moment of great stress, after a particular ugly return home that included Honeydew dragging him through the door in an improvised minecart, that Lomadia told Xephos, quite sternly, to: Take. Care. Of. Himself.

And that was the first time she had told him she loved him, albeit in a much simpler form. She thinks it was that moment that Xephos, too, realized that maybe taking better care of himself would not only benefit him, but her as well.

She's always told him to tell her when he leaves.

And he always does.

But, she is quite comfortable with the fact that it's never for very long.

AN: It's been a while...but here's a short and sweet one