Anime Oneshots: Hetalia: Russia

An icy cold grip holds the room in its hands, crushing the silent space until no words could be spoken. There was no need though, being as the only inhabitant of the large hallow house was a man. Pain filled violet eyes lay their tired gaze on the window, snow falling furiously in the world outside, pale tan hair framing his usually cheerful face. He let out a long drawn out sigh, only for the silence and solitude to be broken by the loud demanding raps at his front door. The individual almost didn’t get up, thinking it was just his sister Natalia once again trying to shove her love down his throat, at least till he heard the voice yelling for him to let her in. “ Ivan! Please, open up!!” the voice yelled, the man in question’s eyes sparking to life at the sound. In seconds he’s to his feet, a smile on his face as he throws open the door only for the visitor to speed past him into the living room like a scared cat. Shutting the door firmly and locking it once again he followed after her, a little concerned when he found the girl who always seemed so calm and happy now cowering behind his couch. “____? What’s wrong, da?” he inquires, crouching down majorly to be close to eye level with his now clearly terrified friend. With flighty eyes she looked at him, taking her gaze off the window. Honestly Ivan thought she looked even more terrified then when he walked in, now wondering if he was scaring her like all the others. “I’m a monster…..” ____ chokes out, backing away from Ivan as if she would hurt him. Ivan’s eyes softened, swiftly reaching forward and pulling her into a tight hug, his long nose now buried in the stressed out mess of (H/C) tangles atop her head. The much smaller individual struggled in his grasp, clearly uncomfortable but he doesn’t let go and only holds her tighter. “Why would you think that?” Ivan asks, his Russian accent rolling off his tongue in a harsher manner. That’s when he heard it, the angry yells and swears that were now approaching his house. The frail seeming girl in his arms goes rigid, her heart speeding up even more than it had when Ivan had hugged her. She lets out a choked cry, almost as if it were meant to be a scream of panic. Ivan’s eyes narrow instantly, letting go and patting her head like one would do a child.  “I’ll be back. Then I’ll fix you some Hot chocolate, da?” he says, straightening up to his full height with a smile. The Russian quickly turned away without waiting for an answer as he angrily went to the door to apprehend the mass of people on his property. With glowed hands he rips open the door, stepping out into the cold snow with an even colder aura shimmering off his intimidating figure. The mass tenses, freezing as if they were ice sculptures before one of them steps forwards. The brave and idiotic man steps past the crowd, dark eyes looking right through Ivan. “Out of our way boy. We’ve got a demon, a monster, to get rid of.” He ordered. Ivan knew this fool; he was one of the men who ran ____’s town. The entire place was a joke, everyone but the girl inside being extremely superstitious. If there was to be another witch hunt they’d be the first ones to join in. Ivan almost growled, but instead grabbed the lead pipe he kept beside the door. “What has she done for you to call her something like that?” He orders, a large portion of the mob shrinking back in terror. “She doesn’t age.” “Yeah, that and she sneaks out into the forest at night with a duffle bag over her shoulder. Probably disposing of her victims’ bodies!”  That was it, Ivan had enough after dozens more accusations sped over his head. Each one of these accusations were answerable, but not to people like this. “Get off my property, and leave her alone!! There’s no such thing as monsters and if there were it wouldn’t be her, it would be all of you!” He yells, stepping toward them with a threatening swing of his pipe. The single motion made them take off, running for their lives as if Ivan would have really killed them all then and there. With a sigh he walks back inside, closing the door and putting away his pipe.    

                Entering the silent room he had left her in, taking her back into his arms in an attempt to comfort her. “They’re gone, da.” He chimes softly, her face buried into the front of his jacket and his nose in her hair. She sort of relaxes, going slightly limp in the Russian’s large arms. “Thank you Ivan.” She says almost quietly, her voice muffled a bit. ____ pulls away carefully, a faint blush on her face from being that close. “Now let’s go get you that hot chocolate!” Ivan happily cheered, helping her to her feet and into the kitchen. Her much smaller frame takes a seat on one of the stools by the counter, watching Ivan make his way around the tiled room as he searched for the ingredients to cheer up his friend. In minutes Ivan returns, two large steaming mugs of hot coco in his hands with marshmallows floating on top. He passes her one, sitting down across from her with a slight smile as she took a sip. A smile returned to her face before looking up and letting out an airy laugh. “What is it da?” Ivan asked, bearing a melted marshmallow mustache under his nose.  “Mustache.” She explains briefly before taking another sip of her hot drink. This time Ivan smiled widely, clearly noticing something that she didn’t. (E/C) orbs blink in confusion and curiosity at why the Russian was staring. “What?” She inquires, only making him smile wider and stand. In seconds he’s beside her, his hand gripping her chin and staring at a spot on her face. “You’ve got something on your face.” he answers. “Let me get it.” he finishes, leaning forward and placing his lips against hers. Sure she was shocked, probably hesitating almost long enough to make Russia worried she didn’t like him the same way, but then she kissed back.

                “____, you’re no monster… and even if you were I’d still love you.” Ivan said briefly before once again capturing his love’s lips with his own.