Chapter Fifteen: New Encounters

Thank you to OptimisticBeauty and Nanousha for your help with this chapter!

Thank you to everyone else who has been so kind about waiting. For those of you who don’t know, my great uncle died and I have been a slight emotional wreck or this update would have been out last week. So I’m updating now(:

I hope you enjoy.

Recap:

I chuckled again, “Jeez what are you? A vampire?” My tone was light and teasing but he looked up and his eyes met mine in the mirror. They had no hint of humor and in the most serious voice he could muster he responded. “Yes.”

_______

I couldn’t help it but I started laughing and I couldn’t stop. After several seconds of laughing, Reese joined in. We stood there laughing for several minutes before we couldn’t breathe anymore. I looked at Reese and threw my arms around him.

“Reese, thank you.”

“For what,” he asked. I could hear the confusion in his voice. “For making me laugh so much.” I felt him pull back and we stared deeply into each others eyes. I think this was the moment when I realized that I loved him. I bit my lip and debated whether I should tell him because I wasn’t sure if he returned the decision.

Reese leaned down and placed a kiss against my forehead. “No problem.”

I looked up at him and wrapped my arms around his waist. “You know… for a second there, I thought you were serious about being a vampire…” I scoffed. “You know vampires aren’t real right?”

Reese laughed and clenched his jaw. His eyes shifted and he looked slightly uncomfortable. “You know I just tease like that… and I know…”

He pulled and grabbed my hand before pulling me down the stairs. He sat me down on the barstool before turning to fridge and began pulling ingredients out for making a mean grilled cheese sandwich. I watched in silence as Reese moved about the kitchen.

Before now, I never realized how graceful he was. I mean, I knew he played soccer and everything but that didn’t make him graceful. I giggled at the thought of him taking ballet or something to make him graceful.

He looked over his shoulder and raised an eyebrow. “Care to share?” I shook my head giggling again. “I’ll get it out of you one way or another,” he threatened. I just shrugged my shoulders. I knew I would tell him later.

He placed my two grilled cheeses in front of me and I took a bite and yelped.

Reese was in front of me looking down at me with a face filled with concern. “I buwnt my tongue.” I managed to spit out. Reese started to laugh and he kind of laughed for a while. I glared at him. “Sorry,” he chocked out.

I sent him a death glare and he bent down and pressed his lips gently to mine. “Better?” I shook my head no. He smirked before leaning down and kissing me again, this time he nibbled on my lip and I granted him permission to enter my mouth. His tongue brushed against my burnt tongue. After several seconds, it actually started to feel better. “Better,” he repeated and I nodded my head. A smile spread across his face. “Good, couldn’t have the one person that I care more about than anything in the world hurting now could I?”

I giggled childishly. “Thanks love, you're amazing.”

He coughed a little to cover his laughter. “That’s what she said,” he smirked down at me.

“I’ll show you that’s what she said.” I punched him on the shoulder before I took another bite of my cheesy deliciousness of a sandwich. In other three bites my sandwich was gone.