Chapter 2: People Aren't What They Want to nor Appear to be

T

he next morning in the early daylight shone down as morning from Peer Gynt was playing, the birds were chirping and he awoke in after a good night's sleep in a soft, plushy bed.... at least that what he imagined before waking up to a crick in his neck after sleeping awkwardly an alley.

"Ahh, augh" he groaned after moving his head sideways and creating a pleasant yet somehow unpleasant cracking sound with his neck.

And instead of waking up to the sound of a peaceful melody reminding him of nature, he awoke to the scream of a girl...and the chuckling of three dudes further down the alleyway he was next to.

Craning his stiff neck to peep behind the alley he took a look at the situation.

There were three male adventurers near the other end of the alley where Logan looked into. With the girl as the center there was one man with a huge sword strapped to his back, the other two had one handed swords at their waists.

All of them were really muscular, had on a full set of metal armor and seemed to be around the ages of 30 and gruff and had patchy beard stubble reminiscent of a bad drunkards. Kind of what you would expect lackeys from a mercenary band to look like.

"Mmmn, this is bad..."

Judging from just their equipment alone they seemed like rather seasoned adventurers, accustomed to trips down into the dungeon, compared to the utter newbie looking at them, the distance of the alleyway might as well be the distance between their power levels.

He thought to himself for a moment.

Getting her out of there would be more than just a walk in the park each of those guys were more accustomed to fighting than him. And there were three of them.

At first his thoughts were, (... I don't need to rescue her right? I mean this city seems to be pretty much every man for himself, I mean when I needed a place to stay all I got was price tags and weird faces, heck there were multiple people out on the streets cuz they couldn't pay. That just how they do things here I guess... Plus these guys are strong, probably too strong for me...)

Just when that was circulating in his head when he remembered something from the past.

"Auughh what would my grandfather think of me if I had such awful thoughts circulating in my head" he muttered holding his head.

"Kyaaa!" The girl screamed as the three men dragged her into the side.

(Errrrgh what to do, what to do, what to doo?! Go in there and get beat up?!) "...evil thoughts... hey wait THAT'S IT!"

He jumped up and immediately put his plan into action.

...

"Hey, hey missy, why don't you do like ya did for us at that bar... maybe a little more hmmm?"

After that comment he dragged the girl into a connecting alleyway.

His companions laughed boisterously as they followed.

It seemed some adventurers, most of which were still new and low tier adventurers, they noticed what was happening but looked away. After all three middle tier adventurers was more than these rookies could deal with. And the ones who did try to speak up got silenced by the cold glare of one of the three closest to the exit of the alley.

While this was happening along comes our hero.

"Hey guys~ can I join in one what's goin on here?" He sneered as he sauntered over.