Chapter 19- She Needs You

HEYY AGAIN GENTS!!
AND LAAADIIIESSS :)

OK, I KNOW YOU ALL PROBABLY HATE ME RIGHT NOW..

SO ENJOY?

IF YOU CAN..

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Steve's POV

Her eyes.

So full of emotion.
So beautiful.

She was going to tell me something.

But I watched as she gasped, as her face contorted in pain.

As she fell into my arms.

"Zoey?" I call desperately, "Zoey!!"

"Steve." She gasps.

"Zoey!!" I cry, cradling her in my arms.

"It's OK Steve." She says, her eyes drifting close.

"It's OK.."

"Zoey?!" Tony says alarmingly, falling to his knees beside us.

"Zoey! Stay with us." He says, checking for her pulse.

His face goes grim, making my heart stop.

"Is there a pulse?" I ask and he nods.

"It's weak."

I gently turn her to see a knife sticking in her back.

Oh god..

I raise my head to see who it came from, my eyes resting on somebody in the shadows of the room.

Zoey's stepfather.

Rage, fury and fear fill me instantly, making me gently pass Zoey to Stark and stand up.

"Steve," Natasha asks, crouching down to Zoey, "what are you doing."

I don't answer just pick up Zoey's gun from her leg holster and aim it at the man.

"Sir." I say with venom, "Come out now."

Everybody watches silently as the son-of-a-bitch comes out.

Yes, if you couldn't tell, I'm mad.

"You hurt her." I growl.

"You fucking threw a knife into her back and hurt her."

I hear everyone gasp at me cursing, but I have never been angrier in my life.

"She's not worth it. I've wanted to do that for years." He says, making me shake with rage.

"Guys," I order, not taking my eyes off the man. "Take Loki and Zoey to the plane. Tony, I'm putting her life in yours and Bruce's hands."

"Alright Steve." Nat says, before she, Clint and Thor take care of Loki.

Bruce, still in Hulk form, gently picks up Zoey, ready before following the others out the door.

I quickly wipe the tears out of my eyes, feeling a metal hand on my shoulder.

"Steve," Tony says quietly, "You don't have to do this, at least not alone."

I turn to him, tears pooling in my eyes.

"I have to do this Tony, I promised myself I'd protect her."

"I love her."

"But don't tell the others." I add and he nods, before flying out of the window.

I turn back to Zoey's stepfather, finally dealing with my tears. As I roughly wipe them away, I hear him laughing.

"Love?!" he laughs loudly, "You actually love that ugly little freak??" 

"Yes." I growl, "I do. With all my heart. She's strong, kind, smart, funny. I love her."

"Bad choice man." He says.