Chapter 11- Accusations and Insults

Steve's POV

"What is Phase 2?" Stark asks Fury as I enter the lab. I bang a large weapon on the table, furious that Fury has been keeping secrets.

Deadly secrets.

"Phase 2 is SHIELD using the cube to make weapons." I say angrily. I turn to Stark "Sorry, the computer was moving to slow for me." I sneer, referring to his computer virus hacking the systems.

"I was wrong Director," I sneer, turning back to Fury, "this world hasn't changed a bit."

Romanoff and Thor walk into the room, grabbing everyone's attention, including Bruce.

"Did you know about this?" he asks her. Natasha's face remains blank.

"You wanna think about removing yourself from this environment doctor?" She prompts and Banner shakes his head.

"I was in Calcutta, I was pretty well removed." he says bitterly.

"Loki's manipulating you." she says firmly.

"And you've been doing what exactly?" Banner asks sarcastically.

"You didn't come here because I bat my eyelashes at you." Natasha pushes.

"Yes, and I'm not leaving just because you get a little twitchy." he sneers, "I'd like to know why SHIELD is using the Tesseract to make weapons."

"Because of him." Fury answers, pointing straight at Thor. I see Romanoff roll her eyes, this fight is useless.

I watch as Thor and Fury bicker back and forth, both sharing their reasons for why they think Loki has threatened war on earth. I roll my eyes as Stark starts blaming Fury for weapons.

"I'm sorry Stark." Fury rolls his eyes, "Remind me again how you came to make your fortune."

"I'm sure if he still made weapons," I add. "Stark would be neck deep.."

"Wait wait!!" Stark shouts, "How is this all about me?"

"Oh I'm sorry, isn't everything?" I say sourly.

"I thought humans were more evolved than this." Thor laughs, "You speak of control, yet you court chaos."

"Excuse me, do we go to your planet and blow things up?" Fury asks annoyed.

"This is ridiculous!" Bruce says, "What are we? A team? No, we're a time bomb. A chemical mixture that makes chaos!"

"Dr Banner, you need to step away." Fury says seriously.

"Why shouldn't the guy let off a little steam?" Starks says and I turn to him.

"You know damned well why! Back off!" I say, shoving him away.

"Oh, I'm starting to want you to make me." he challenges.

"Big man in a suit of armour. Take that off and what are you?" I challenge as he did.

"Billionaire, genius, playboy, philanthropist." he says and it just enrages me. I take a step towards him.

"I know men with none of that who are worth ten of you." I say bitterly, "I've seen the footage. The only person you ever fight for is yourself. You're not the guy to sacrifice yourself, lay down on the wire and let the other guy crawl all over you."

"I think I'd just cut the wire." he says snappily.

"Always a way. You may not be a threat, but you better stop pretending you're a hero." I say.

"Yeah? At least I'm the genius who made my suit. You, you're a laboratory experiment. The only thing specially about you came from a bottle." Tony says fiercely.